Antagonist Idea #1

Hey! How's it going, guys?

I'm sorry about the delays that will come in the future. I've been focused on some personal things, and when I usually get the chance to write I find myself dissatisfied with what I've written and end up deleting the chapter and starting over. This is probably going to happen a lot in the future.

But that's a story for another time, I suppose.

As this book is named, this is kind of like my personal online diary, in a way. One of the biggest reasons I created it was to talk about ideas I have. Well, I got a new antagonist idea for all of you, starring Twist-exclusive villains this time around.

As we've seen with Jack and Rojo, the Cult is making a return in the Third Timeline. As I was writing, I realized that... There aren't a lot of nonhuman antagonists. Sure, there are elves and orcs in the Cult, but there is nobody who is considered a monster by the Church of Light's standards.

So I started listening to music, and I came up with an idea while planning for a major location in the future; fairy antagonists.

You're probably thinking I've lost my head at this point. Why would Minty think a villain that is canonically four inches tall on average is a good idea? Well, I've got plans for that future fight, and I'm not intending to spoil it. This is just about the characters I'm creating.

Following the colour naming rule, I've already decided the colour scheme; the primary colours, red, blue, and yellow.

Here we go!

...

The first one is Jasper Primary. Among her sisters, she's the oldest by a couple minutes - they are all triplets, and full blood sisters. I'm still working on the designs, and the drawings will be posted in a later chapter, but she's the brains of the group.

Since faeries have wings, I've been trying to make them look unique among the three. For Jasper, I've settled for a dragonfly style.

As for her personality, she's more of a bookworm, masterminding schemes for both her duties in the Cult and pranks.

Despite being a part of the Cult, I want her to have a more sinister personality out of the three, where she enjoys the things she does.

As for what her name has to do with colours, jasper is a red rock. Her design is going to follow a red, orange, and white pallet. Her hair being a part of this orange portion of her colour scheme.

...

The second is Sapphire Primary, the youngest of the Primary Sisters. Her role in the three is the dumbest sister, the more innocent type. Well, about as innocent as an antagonist can get, with her more of enjoying herself rather than thinking too hard about her actions.

I'm still deciding on her wings. I'm thinking of maybe going for another insect type.

I'm thinking of maybe the more clumsy one. A sort of jokester type, yet still a threat. So whereas Jasper is the intelligent, sinister mastermind, I want Sapphire to be the airheaded, more light-hearted one.

As for her name and colour... Sapphires are blue. It follows the primary colour theme I wanted to have for the sisters. As for her colour scheme, I'm thinking blue, white, and black for her hair.

...

And lastly, the third and final sister, Tourmaline Primary. The middle child, her role was the most difficult for me to figure out. Given that Jasper and Sapphire already have the smart and dumb dynamic going on, her role was more difficult to place. Mainly because Yin and Vao follow that same formula; the intelligent and quick one, and the stupid and slow heavy-hitter.

For her role, I'm thinking more of a medium for the two drastic differences between Jasper and Sapphire. But that would be boring if that was all to her personality, so I did some thinking back to anime I used to watch and manga to read. So to separate her from her sisters, she's the more flirty one out of the three.

Again, haven't decided on her wings. Once again, thinking of an insect-like pair.

For her name, it was difficult to decide. I wanted to continue with the theme Jasper and Sapphire have with their names being related to stones, and it had to be yellow to fit the primary colour plan. The only yellow gemstone I knew about was Topaz, and I didn't really like that as a name. Then I found tourmaline, which comes in a variety of colours, yellow being one of them. I really liked it, and thus her name became Tourmaline. It was unique, and followed the colour naming rule as well as the primary colour rule I have for these sisters.

As for her colour pallet, I want yellow, white, and maybe a bit of black. Yellow plays a part in her hair, due to being a blonde.

...

Together, they make the Primary Sisters. Part of the reason I created them was because I wanted an antagonist that consisted of multiple characters, yet functioned best when working together in one force. And given that fairies are only four inches tall, having one fairy wouldn't really cut it.

I suppose we do have the First Vao, who canonically struggles with his schizophrenia and was confirmed to eat the souls of his victims in the First Timeline, making him chock full of other people, further leading to his mental crisis, but I wanted characters that were physically there and could actually affect the world around them. So the Primary Sisters were born.

And while I won't spoil their part in the plot, I mentioned in Jasper's description that they're among the ranks of the Cult. They won't be as high up as Jack is, but they'll still be important for reasons I'll explain when that time comes.

As for their oncoming fight, I won't spoil much other than that they'll be working together. And I'll make the conclusion as depressing as I can.