HELLO!

Hey guys! Good to see you! Long time no see! Type? Rant chapter? Who knows?

Anyways, as I said on my message board on my profile:

"ALRIGHT!

We're nearing the end. Of course, I'm planning on multiple more chapters and several different ending scenarios, but we're nearing the end nonetheless. The canon ending isn't going to end with the First Vao, and there's going to be a lot revealed during those chapter involving the final fight against him.

I'm going to post this again possibly as an extra chapter in TBatG3 or my rants book, but I'll ask it here too:

Who was your favorite character throughout the trilogy, along with villain? What was the most satisfying part of the trilogy - it can be anything; comedy scenes, ships, fights, endings, etc.

Just looking to interact with you guys who have stayed with me all these years before we move on to the rewrites in AO3."

I'm still planning the AO3 remake of the trilogy - which will take a long while because I'll be writing everything from scratch, using Wattpad as templates to keep the story the way I want, but with major changes that I think would make more sense.

Such as the childhoods of Yin and Vao in the First Timeline. It wasn't until I finished TBatG1 that I realized how stupid it was that Vao took care of Yin despite losing his eye. Oh, I got plans to fix that.

Be ready for some real traumatic experiences for them, specifically with Yin trying to care for an emotionally crippled and severely wounded Vao without any medical experience.

Of course, Vao will do things for Yin later on through their childhood, but it isn't going to be at all like what's on Wattpad. There will be a different encounter with Ren and Nora, Vao won't be the one dragging Yin off Patch, and Vao's alcoholism will start in a different way.

TBatG2 and 3 will also have a lot of changes. But we aren't there yet. One step at a time, folks.

The name of the story will be changed too. On AO3, it won't be TBatG (The Bird and the Garden, which was named because Yin is Summer's child (Rose, flowers, garden) and Vao is Raven's child (she can turn into a berd)). Instead, it will be called "When the Spider Lilies Bloom", abbreviated to WtSLB.

For those that don't know, red spider lilies are often an omen of death, loss, abandonment, and separation, and will have a significance in the AO3 version of the story. If you watch anime, you've probably seen these flowers in shows like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: When They Cry.

This flower.

Yeah. I plan on when something bad is about to happen, or something is fated to end poorly, that flower will make an appearance.

But honestly? That's not all I've thought about. Looking through the stories, the characters canon to RWBY aren't really even accurate to their canon. They've got similarities, but because of how little I follow RWBY canon, they're practically different people, especially in the Second and Third Timeline. And with how I've written a lot of Remnant, and not able to use the racism very well because of how little RoosterTeeth actually utilizes the racism subplot, it really isn't similar at all aside from the Relics, the characters and locations, and like, two events in the beginning of the first story. I don't even really use the plot that RWBY follows; there's similarities, like hunting for Relics, but that's about it. Nearly all the pointless side characters aren't there, etc.

So I want your opinions on this, because I've been thinking about it for a year and a half now: Should I just scrap the idea of it even being a fanfic and do something completely on my own? Warrior academies are common in many anime out there, and doing something new will help with the parts like where Yin and Vao were placed on a two man resource team - which bothers me to this day because we've never seen anything like that in RWBY.

This would also get rid of the Grimm problem. The problem with Grimm is I don't use them; I use eldritch abominations because they're harder to kill, and tie in immensely with the plot - the nature of the Blood, Realities and Souls, the insanity of certain characters... Going and making another world would remove this problem, and I can stick with basic monsters similar to what we see on Twist (not nonhumans or abominations, but something else that I've been working on that are related to abominations). With monsters for the cast to fight, this allows me to keep key events, such as a festival where Vao ends up with the main baddie and kicks off the second half of the story. School dances are common enough that this won't matter. Besides, RWBY's school dance was generic anyway.

This would also help with writing Yin's love life - I won't be worried about following how a character from RWBY would act (within reason). I've realized a while ago that that was why I had an easier time writing the Art Thief and Trauma Bond ships (Verde X Vao for Art Thief, and Mono X Vao for Trauma Bond). It was easier because they were my own characters. I didn't have to worry as much about following a template - Art Thief was a total accident because I originally intended for Vao and Verde to be best friends, and Mono was originally supposed to be just extremely loyal, but even then it was easier to write.

This is why I wanted to do a little subplot with Jasper and Yin, but I had already settled for Salem being the main love interest long before Jasper was created. If I can rewrite it all, start from scratch to where I don't need to worry about RWBY's characters being different in the very beginning, I could possibly make this work a lot better.

Of course, this means many things would be changed - Aura, Dust,  character names and appearances/backstories (looking at you, Raven), Semblances (which I don't even use by the rules of RWBY because RoosterTeeth keeps making them even more confusing), and I'd have to figure out something different than the Relics, yet something that would still tie into the plot of having Yin travel around the world collecting something. Probably gemstones that involve the world and the Gods - which have also been OOC from RWBY's canon story due to being the overarching antagonists. However, I'd finally be able to give them names and proper appearances rather than a lightbulb with deer antlers and a shadow with ram horns.

Let me know about this, because I'd like to do it. And besides, for a long time I've been thinking of making an indie game trilogy based off the fanfics when I get my computer back from the repair shop, and it would be nice to have an even better template to go off of rather than starting from scratch then.

Well, that's out of the way.

Now; for the main topic, because that rant had me distracted.

Who was your favorite character throughout the stories here on Wattpad? What about a villain? Satisfying parts, stuff I already said way above. Ships, I know those are popular. Favorite ship between characters?

I just really wanted to interact with you guys again.