33: Punches

My heart drops into my stomach. I can feel the colour drain from my face. I can't speak, my words catching in my throat. I thought i'd be more panicked but i can't move. Practically immobilised, i just wait for him to speak. 

Mattheo holds my extended arm in front of me, looking down at my forearm. His fingers are digging into my arm but that's the least of my worries right now. 

The dark mark is easily distinguishable, broken through the charred and cracked burnt skin on top. It's like when i used my magic, the tattoo remerges from under the damaged skin on top, fighting its way to the top again. I guess the burning didn't even help after all, even after all that effort, the ink still swims though my veins, still sitting on my arm. 

"Mattheo-" I manage to choke out before he kicks off. 

He drops my arm violently, practically throwing it back at me, rising up to his feet. I do the same, standing in front of me. 

"Tell me that's not what it fucking looks like." He scoffs, almost laughing. 

"Mattheo I-" 

"What the fuck Amara." He spits. "What the actual fuck."

"Please, let me just-"

"How long have you had that." He cuts me off, throwing his arms around as he talks. Waiting for me to reply, he's jittery and panicked. "HOW FUCKING LONG?"

"January. Last year." I say quietly. 

"Oh my fuck." He stands back, almost laughing and running his hands through his hair. "This whole fucking time you've been... been what? Fucking... loyal to my fucking father? This whole time you were lying to me. To all of us?" He begins to step towards me, anger bubbling away inside him. 

I step back as he gets closer. Theo's hand flies out in front of me. "Mattheo mate just calm down for a second."

"CALM DOWN?" He shouts. 

"She didn't want to hide this from you."

Mattheo stops. "You knew? YOU FUCKING KNEW THEO?"

"Only recently." Theo remains as calm as he can, his arm still outstretched in front of me. 

"Fuck you Theo. You knew and you hid it from me?" 

"It wasn't as easy as that mate." 

"Salazar." He paces back and forth in the space of about a meter, not knowing what to do with himself. 

"Mattheo please can you-" I begin again before he cuts me off. 

"It was you." Mattheo scoffs. "You betrayed us didn't you." He begins to walk closer again and Theo steps more in front of me. 

"It wasn't me i swear." I force out, almost too stunned to even speak right now. 

"Don't fucking lie to me Amara." 

"I'm not fucking lying, you think i wanted this. This was the last fucking thing i wanted." I half-shout back at him. 

"I can't fucking belive this. A year and half. A year and a fucking half."

"A year and a half ive been hiding this from you because i knew it would hurt you. I was told not to say anything by your father."

"Oh and you listen to him right? Cause you're his fucking follower now."

"It wasn't like that. He would have killed me and Draco if i'd said anything." 

"Oh." He laughs. "Draco knows too? Brilliant. Let me guess, so does and Enzo and so does Pansy, and i'm the only one who doesn't."