2: That day has come

Turns out my gut feeling was right.

While everyone cheers and claps at Snape's frightful exit. None of us move. None of us even breathe.

He knows.

How the fuck does he know?

I always envisioned Voldemort finding out about our betrayal. I knew that day would some day come. I thought about it every time that we did something to betray him. Every piece of information we leaked to the order. Every meeting, every swap of details. Every conversation between the group. Every time I wondered if this was the time he found out. If it would be the time we were all going to die.

Now I feel Voldemort's voice, it's in my head, it's in everyone's head. His words snake through my mind, infecting me. People are screaming. He's coming here. He's coming. His voice slithers around my mind, infiltrating every part of me, intoxicating me until I cant even breathe.

"Not only is he going to kill Potter, he's going to kill us too." Theo says, calmly from beside me.

"How the fuck does he know?" Pansy questions, also calmly. I think we are all too shocked to even react.

"What are you all waiting for, someone grab him!" Adrian Pucey shouts from beside us, waking me up from my trance. He's pointing at Potter, who is now protected by a swarm of his friends, staring in our direction.

Everything is too chaotic, even though the whole room is silent.

"STUDENTS OUT OF BED. STUDENTS IN THE CORRIDORS!" Filch comes running through the middle of the hall, splitting apart Potter's friendship bond.

"They are supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot" McGonagall shouts back, shaking her head.

A small "oh" escapes from Filch's lips.

"Mr Filch, your timing is most helpful, would you please lead Slytherin house from the hall."

"And take them where exactly, ma'am?"

"The dungeons will do."

What the fuck do we do now. Everyone around us claps and cheering as we begin leaving the great hall, following our classmates, too shocked to step out of line. I never thought McGonagall was based away from Slytherin but perhaps not.  The cheers echo behind us as we get futher away from the hall. I begin to wake up, and I begin to think.

"We need to get out." I say to Pansy, without even thinking as we begin descending the stairs to the dungeons.

"What did you have in mind?" Pansy says from beside me.

"I'm not sure. We can't even leave the castle, there's an apparition ban."

"Job number 1." Enzo begins, sticking his head nearly in-between mine and Pansy's. "Would be getting away from Filchy."

"Won't be hard, we can probably just split off now, wait till we turn the corner." I reply. "Potions class is round the corner."

Enzo stands back up straight, relaying the information to the rest of them behind us. Students ahead begin to turn, we watch Filch disappear with them.

"Go." Pansy pushes forward, to the potions classroom on the left, pulling us in with her. Once everyone's in, she slams the door shut.

"Fucking hell." Theo breaks the silence.

"He knows. He fucking knows." Mattheo picks up the nearest ink-well and launches it across the room. Hitting the wall, it splinters into tiny shards of glass and a large stain or black begins to trickle down the brick. "How the FUCK does he know?"