8: Hopefully it's nothing

I'm not entirely sure how to feel while watching Theo right now. A mixture of disgust and embarrassment maybe? Perhaps even an underlying hint of impressed. Doubtful? Watching him shovel the food into his mouth as if he hasn't eaten since his fucking birth.

"Theo mate." Mattheo grimaces, staring at Theo too. I quickly realise everyone has stopped eating and we are all watching Theo engulf the meal before him.

"What?" He looks up, egg spilling from his lips.

Cringing away, Pansy turns her nose up. "Biggest turn off you've pulled out yet."

"You know you love me Parkinson."

"Not fucking anymore."

Pansy and Theo have been together for like as long as we all remember. I think it was halfway through fourth year. There was always a slight tensions between them, and one day I think it finally clicked and they got decisive. Other girls in our year practically threw themselves at Theo's feet. Ironic considering Pansy originally acted as if she couldn't think of anything worse.

"So where do we go after this?" Draco sets his fork down on his empty plate and pushes it away from him slightly.

"We need decent clothing." Pansy begins, also putting her fork down. "If I have to wear this shitty itchy school jumper for any longer i'll rip it to shreds.

"We can go into a clothes shop." Enzo starts.

"What will we pay with? Theo's flirting skills?" Mattheo interrupts.

"Transfigure some things in the changing rooms." I pick up the other end of the conversation. "They can't make us pay for items they aren't even selling. Just say we already had the clothes but needed to get changed."

"Okay and then what?" Draco replies almost immediately.

"You could give us a chance to think for starters."

Enzo snorts, struggling to stifle his laughter. Draco throws him a scowl, making him laugh even more.

"Then." Mattheo continues. "We can find a mode of transport and we can get to Padstow."

"Yeah mate well said." Theo nods, finally swallowing and pushing his empty plate forwards.

I don't really feel like eating anymore. I was so hungry a minute ago, but looking now at my half-eaten sandwich, I don't want anything. Ever since Voldemort found out about our betrayal, a slight sick feeling in my stomach refuses to go away, and it grows by the hour.

Someone's knee nudges me under the table, snapping me out of my trance. My eyes flick upwards to meet Enzo, who is giving me a concerned look. His eyes fall down to the table in front of me, the bit above where my left arm is sat on my lap. I'm quick to shake my head and look back to the rest of the group.

"Hiya guys, are we just about finished?" Our waitress appears beside me, hands clasped and a smile on her face. She's been just about the only one not to give us judgmental looks, even though we are all sat here in school uniforms, half of us with a snake embroided on the front of the jumpers, on a Sunday morning.

"Oh, yes all done." Enzo begins to stack the plates closest to him. The lady takes the stack, flashing Enzo a smile and walks back towards the kitchen.

"We need to go, now." Theo rises, pulling the napkin from his collar and letting it fall to the table.

"What?" Pansy stands too.

"I'm not planning on using my flirting skills right now, which means we need to do a runner without paying. Which also means stand the fuck up lets go."