TWENTY ONE

Liana's heart soared as she floated in the deep crystal waters of the lakes of Naboo. A laugh sounded from behind her, and she glanced over at Anakin's beaming face. His hair was shorter, and the scar on his face was missing. He looked young, childish almost as he waded over to her.

"You know, I still hate sand," he commented as he reached her.
Liana's gaze fell on her big round belly that crested the water that lapped at her golden skin. She let out a laugh at his complaint as he embraced her. "I love you, Liana,"

"I love you, Anakin," she murmured, pressing into his cool chest. Around them, the birds chirped, so loud that she blinked a few times.

Suddenly, the scenery changed, and Liana was running, two babies in her arms as her bare feet carried her through the vineyard as fast as she could. Everything felt wrong--the sky above her was dull and black and stormy. Loud footsteps sounded from behind her, closing in.

She dared a peek, and saw Anakin, his eyes a golden ochre, his brow furrowed in fury. "LIANA!" he roared.

She stumbled, her babies disappearing from her arms as she turned to see Anakin hovering above her, a red lightsaber in hand that he brought down with brutal force.

Liana's eyes shot awake, a unspoken scream on her lips as she sat up from her pillow. It was dark in their room, and Anakin was peacefully asleep beside her. Suddenly, it was her having the nightmares. What a ridiculous dream it had been too. Her hands go to her belly, rounder than ever.

She would have a doctor visit later in the afternoon to make sure they were doing well at their eight month checkup. Liana carefully got to her feet, carrying her stomach as she splashed some cold water on her face before padding out to their balcony.

"Princess?"

She nearly jumps at the sight of Anakin after the nightmare she just had. Yet this is the Ani she knows, with messy honey-colored locks that she badly needs to cut shorter, and dark blue eyes that always seem to swirl like storms. He watches her carefully, his shirtless torso glistening with a thin sheen of sweat. He too, had been plagued with nightmares, she realizes.

"I couldn't sleep," she confessed. "I had a nightmare,"

"About what?" he wonders, stepping forward to gently wrap his arms around her.

"I was back on Naboo—but everything was wrong," she explains. "And you were there—but you were—"

Tears pricked at her eyes as she softly cries. "You were going to hurt me, and our babies. I know its a stupid nightmare, I know you'd never—"

"I would never, ever, hurt you, princess," he promises, kissing each knuckle on her hand. His metallic hand is cold against her flushed skin. "I'd sooner take my own life before ever harming you, or the blessings you carry,"

She nods in understanding, brushing the tears from her cerulean eyes. "I know, Ani,"

✭・.・✫

Liana can't help but smile at the Jedi younglings as they don their little helmets and pull out their green and blue hued lightsabers.

"Ready?" she asks, grinning. "Go!"

The kids had all partnered up, and began dueling one another with their lightsabers. "Remember—don't hit your partner!"

Liana watches with amusement as they miss each other miserably with their helmets on to protect themselves. Her buzzer goes off two minutes later, calling the game to an end. "Okay, who won?"

"Me!"

"No, me!"

"My, my," sounds Obi-Wan's voice. "What's going on in here?"