𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚒𝚏𝚝 𝙾𝚏 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎

Part 3 "Baby Mine"
Author's Note: Warning-Some of the jokes made in this chapter are a bit mature for the audience GEAH was originally intended for, so please keep that in mind.

Michellee couldn't believe her eyes, her mother, the woman who'd belittled her for years, was standing on her doorstep.

When Michellee unexpectedly got pregnant with E.B., her father was adamant about supporting her and Ross while her mother seemed to want nothing to do with it.

But Charles wouldn't be swayed by his wife this time around and threatened to divorce Margaret if she wouldn't support Michellee during her desperate time of need.

For Charles's sake, Margaret stayed and was mostly tolerable throughout Michellee's pregnancy.

However, tragedy struck as a few months into Michellee's marriage with Ross, as he died in an unexpected accident.

Her husband's job had been nothing ordinary and like Michellee, Ross was creative in his craft. As an aerialist, he would perform acrobatics high above the ground on a tightrope at the circus.

Despite her worry, it was always worth seeing Ross perform. He always seemed to take Michellee's breath away.

But his luck ran out when one of the cables snapped, which resulted in his untimely demise.

Michellee would barely have time to grieve when a year later, her father was diagnosed with a severe illness.

Charles succumbed to his illness less than a few months later.

Initially, it had shocked Michellee how hard her mother had taken his death. But relieved Michellee to some degree that her mother had still cared for her father.

However, the decent terms they had built crumbled when the pair got into an argument as it seemed like Margaret no longer wanted to assist Michellee if she didn't get some form of compensation.

Michellee, finally at her wit's end, packed up her stuff and moved to Glurfsberg with E.B., certain she would never see her mother again.

At least until recently.

-

Michellee finally snapped out of her stupor when she heard her mother speak.

"Aren't you going to let me in? It's rude to stare, Michellee."

Michellee couldn't get a word in as Margaret pushed past her and scoped the inside as if she owned the place.

Michellee rushed after her.

"Mother, what are you doing here?" Michellee blatantly asked, unsure how she was able to keep her composure.

Margaret eyed Michellee with a look of annoyance as she held her expensive purse closer to her chest.

"You invited me."

Michellee looked as if she'd been slapped as she forced herself to respond.

"No, I didn't."

Margaret huffed. "Well somebody did-I called the house phone a few days ago. I think your daughter Lilibeth answered."

Michellee blinked twice in bewilderment before realizing who her mother was referring to.

"Lilibeth? You mean E.B.?"

Margaret waved Michellee off with an indifferent shrug.

"Yeah, that one. You should know by now that I was never good with names."

Michellee rolled her eyes but wasn't exactly surprised by her mother's answer.

Speaking of E.B., the red-headed teenager came into the living room after hearing the doorbell ring and was surprised to see Margaret next to her mother.