𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚊𝚍 𝚃𝚘 𝚁𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢

Part 2 "Remember Those Silent Nights"

Michellee ran outside to her car carrying Junior in his baby pouch, both of them wearing their winter clothes.

In a blind panic, Michellee grabbed her car keys from her purse and nearly dropped them on the ground when putting Junior in his car seat.

Sloppily throwing her purse into the back, Michellee jumped into the drivers seat and was shaking like a leaf.

Michellee had been painting when she had gotten the call from Pam. Michellee was at first confused with how solemn the woman's voice sounded from the other end but hearing the words "accident" and "hospital" immediately made everything click.

With no time to call a babysitter, Michellee didn't waste a moment getting herself and Junior dressed in warmer clothes.

Hot tears blurred her vision as she shakily inserted the keys into the ignition.

Junior babbled happily in his car seat, not sensing his mother's mood.

At the sound of his laugh, Michellee made eye contact with Junior through the front mirror and let out a shaken gasp.

If Guy dies how would E.B. go without a father figure? Would Junior even remember him? Would Michellee have to cope with her second husband's death knowing she now had two children to raise?

These morbid thoughts left Michellee's mind spiraling as she almost got hit by another car when backing out of the driveway.

Michellee shrieked and placed a hand over her pounding heart as she tried to calm herself down. She could hear Junior giggling to himself in the back, not aware of what just happened.

"Calm down Michellee, Guy needs you now." The light-furred woman told herself before putting her car into gear and driving off.

Flashbacks of E.B.'s father came to mind while driving; it was ludicrous how history loved to repeat itself.

Michellee silently prayed to herself, 'Please for the love of Suess, don't take my husband away...'

-

When Pam, Sam, Looka, E.B, and Gluntz made it to the Glurfsberg hospital it was hustling and bustling with busy nurses and doctors.

Pam had immediately called Michellee before asking about Guy at the front desk. The light, purple-furred woman simply told her that he had been taken to the emergency room. Unfortunately, the receptionist couldn't relay any more information since Pam wasn't on his emergency contact list or considered his family.

Pam honestly wasn't surprised considering she'd only known Guy for a few months, but it meant they wouldn't get any more information until Michellee arrived.

With heavy hearts, the five of them sat in the waiting room. For the next few minutes, no one spoke, and the silence became suffocating.

Both E.B. and Looka looked exhausted from the day's events as they sat beside each other, with E.B. still holding onto Guy's hat like a lifeline.

Gluntz sat on the chair with her knees crossed as she absentmindedly flipped through a magazine.

Pam sat in the corner of the room and a look of concern grew when she saw her son's expression. Sam was staring blankly into space, hardly moving or breathing. It almost made him look like a mannequin, which was uncharacteristic, even for him.

Pam tried squeezing his hand for comfort, but it barely broke him out of his daze.

Gluntz then stood up from her chair and went over to the kids.