𝙸𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚞𝚜

Summary:
A few days after the war between Zookia and Yookia ended, Marilyn is called in to meet the Dookess and Dooka. With a celebration ceremony underway, the Dookess asks Marilyn to retrieve Philip, who had gotten stuck in the Goo-Lacka-Goo. When Marilyn begrudgingly rescues Philip, a sudden confession changes the outlook of their partnership.
-

Marilyn Blouse stood behind the doors of the Dookess throne room as she waited to be called in.

The Dookess had requested her presence days after the wall that separated Zookia and Yookia crumbled.

Marilyn had no choice but to comply with the Queen's wishes.

Don't get her wrong, Marilyn respected the Dookess but she had simply been assigned by the Spy Elite to represent her, so it was really another job.

Now that it was over, all Marilyn wanted to do was go home and put her feet up for a while.

It might surprise many but Marilyn never took sides when it came to her mission. She simply did what she was told and got the job done.

Only this time, Marilyn had gotten stuck getting most of the intel and research while Philip goofed off.

Marilyn had worked with Philip on a few occasions before this mission as the Elite stated that they saw the importance of a balanced partnership.

Marilyn couldn't understand this idea at all because she couldn't see how an intelligent Fox like herself being partnered up with an airhead like Trousers was a good thing.

Usually, Marilyn was the one doing all the work with Philip's occasional assistance. But this time, the man performed beyond what Marilyn expected and went to retrieve the Moo-Lacka-Moo from Yookia by himself without consulting her.

The news had shocked Marilyn and also left her feeling embarrassed as an airhead like Philip had managed to one-up her, making the Fox particularly spiteful at the moment.

Marilyn was broken out of her thoughts at the sound of the door opening and the guard motioning her to come inside.

With a sigh, Marilyn straightened her shoulders and entered the room with a sense of confidence.

-

Upon setting foot in the room, Marilyn saw the Dooka of Yookia sitting in an adjustable chair beside the Dookess who seemed to be laughing at something the Dooka had said.

Another figure stood in front of the pair and Marilyn wouldn't have guessed seeing her rival Pam I-Am being present for this ordeal.

Marilyn and Pam went way back from graduating at the same academy and joining the Spy Elite; Pam was five years Marilyn's senior.

Philip had also graduated in Marilyn's class, much older than she had as he started late in his education.

But despite Marilyn being a few years younger than Pam, she had managed to catch up with her pretty quickly.

In the Spy Elite, how well one performs in missions determines their ranking and what team branch they'll be put under, which consists of other individuals a spy may end up working with.

While Marilyn was high in ranking at a young age, in terms of popularity, Pam always seemed to outshine her, which only added flames to their heated rivalry.

Marilyn walked up until she was beside Pam, greeting her indifferently. "Hello, Pam."

Pam returned the greeting. "Marilyn."

The Dookess seemed to finally notice Marilyn as she stood up from her throne with a large smile.

"Ah, Marilyn. It's so lovely to see you dear."