𝙽𝚞𝚖𝚋

Summary:
Guy Am-I felt numb; after many years of failure and criticism, this had to be the ultimate betrayal.

Or...

Guy's perspective when he learns Sam's true intentions with Mr. Jenkins.
-

Guy Am-I still couldn't believe what he was seeing. The number of aliases Sam had could practically cover an entire wall. Each wanted poster McWinkle had left Guy to inspect was more ridiculous than the last, and each one made him feel empty inside.

Guy groaned and rattled on the handcuff that connected his right hand to the table.

How could Guy be so stupid? He should've known something was up when Sam didn't know that chickeraffes can't fly, or even the time when Sam underestimated the Goat's abilities.

The emptiness inside Guy felt like a weight on his chest as he took a rattling breath.

The worst part was that Guy genuinely believed that Sam was his friend, a true friend. Guy had never had a real friend before, and when he finally thought somebody understood him, it blew in his face.

Guy should've walked away when he had the chance because now he wouldn't be feeling this pain.

Ironically, Guy didn't typically care for people like Sam. The type who always stayed optimistic despite the odds and always wore a smile. But there was something about Sam that made him seem approachable, making people want to be around him. Perhaps that was also just an act, considering Sam's lies.

Guy was honestly a little jealous when he first saw Sam because how could someone have everything quickly handed to him without any effort. It never made sense to Guy, but his perception changed when Sam talked about his mother.

Maybe Sam wasn't as bright and starry-eyed as Guy initially thought, as he also had his sorrows.

The heartfelt moment they had in the tent only made Guy frustrated as he clutched both his fists.

For almost all Guy's life, he had been ridiculed, made fun of, and mocked. But this, by far, was the worst thing that had ever happened to him, a betrayal so unexpected that it left him feeling bitter.

How could Sam do this to him? To Michellee? To E.B.? To Mr. Jenkins?!

Guy's breath hitched, and his heart pounded when he thought of Michellee. A woman he was starting to fall in love with would probably never want to see him again if she found out Sam's true intentions.

Michellee's daughter, young, innocent E.B. How would the child feel when she finds out that the person she looked up to as a hero was simply a con artist making his trade.

Oh, and poor Mr. Jenkins. The animal that unexpectedly became a friend and counted on Sam and Guy to bring him home would instead be sold to a collector. Where he would probably spend the rest of his life mounted on a wall.

Guy sighed and face-planted on the desk in utter defeat.

The last few days had been crazy but had strangely been nice. Sam continued to encourage Guy even when things went wrong and offered to listen to his story. It was as if Sam I-Am was slowly breaking down Guy's walls and mending the broken pieces.

Because of Sam, Guy had learned the true value of friendship, how to be compassionate with others, and most importantly, remembering how to love.

Sam had given Guy that, without expecting anything in return, and only continued to be his friend.

Guy felt sick to his stomach. He was a fool to put his faith in Sam and believe someone would want to be around a grouch like him.

Guy was sick of people lying and using him for their own personal gain. This world had been cruel to him for far too long, and Guy felt numb to everything around him.

Numb to every failure and previous transgressions he's faced, with nothing but his pride to keep him from going insane.

Maybe if Guy ended it, he wouldn't hurt people anymore. Maybe if Guy finally had the guts to do it, things would be better. Perhaps he should consider...

Just then, a thumping noise came from the ceiling. When Guy looked up, he saw one of the tiles being moved, and out came Mr. Jenkins, who chirped at him happily.

Guy had almost smiled then, seeing that his friend was alright. But then Sam came sliding down his neck, wearing a tight black suit, smiling at Guy.

Just looking at him made the numbness inside of Guy turn to ice before immediately transcending into a rage.

A low growl escaped Guy's lips as he glared daggers at Sam.

'How dare he continue to charade the act even after all this time.'

Sam casually sprawled on Mr. Jenkins feathery head and asked, "So, what did I miss?"

Guy Am-I was tired and numb, feeling worthless beyond words. And now all that was left to do was to cut ties with his proclaimed best friend.