𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

Part 1 "Baby Mine"
Summary:
Springtime has set upon Glurfsberg when Michellee learns some life-changing news. She was expecting her third child and the Am-I's were all excited to welcome their new family member. But in the weeks leading up to the baby's due date, shenanigans ensue, and an unexpected guest puts the family in disarray.
-

In the small town of Glurfsberg, the birds were chirping, and the flowers had begun to bloom.

Spring was upon them and everyone knew it.

For the most part, things in Glurfsberg had been relatively calm. It's been about five years since the rare Chickeraffe made its escape and three years since the decades-old war in East Flubria ended.

Other than a few mishaps, it's safe to say that Glurfsberg is the same place it's always been.

But where is our cast of heroes you may ask? Well, let's take a look down at the Am-I house, where a new part of their lives begins.

Inside the quaint little house was Michellee Am-I, who stood in a bathroom holding a pregnancy test, a positive pregnancy test.

Michellee analyzed the stick in disbelief as if the two lines were mocking her.

Pregnant? There was no way in Seuss that she could be pregnant again.

Michellee had been feeling nauseous the last couple of days but she had assumed it was the flu. She only took the pregnancy test to cast out any reason she could consider being pregnant.

Don't get Michellee wrong. When Ross passed a little after E.B.'s birth, Michellee didn't think she would be able to have another child again.

That was until she met Guy and thoughts of having another child came back.

Junior had been a surprise, an unexpected but welcomed surprise. Michellee adored her son and doesn't regret having him.

But a third child? That was completely off the table.

Guy and Michellee hadn't even bothered discussing if they wanted more children since Junior was a handful already.

Michellee sighed and sat on the toilet lid.

Even if Michellee wanted to deny it, the symptoms were all there.

Michellee had been extremely nauseous and fatigued in the last couple of days, just like she had with E.B. and Junior. It was likely she was only in her first week-mester.

Michellee anxiously chewed on her upper lip.

She wanted to tell Guy right away but didn't want to bother him as things at the Inventatorium have been extremely stressful as of late and didn't want to add to the pressure.

Besides, it was a quarter to noon. Meaning Guy would be bringing E.B. and Junior back at around three.

Tonight would be the best time to tell her family.

Putting the positive pregnancy test in a plastic bag, Michellee hid it in the back of the bathroom drawer and went back to her easel in the living room.

Michellee had been working on a commission for one of her clients which was due by the end of the week.

While Michellee sometimes wished to have her own art studio, she didn't mind working from home, as it gave her more time to spend with the kids.

Taking a moment to examine her work, Michellee decided now was a good time to take a break as she carefully placed the painting against a side table and replaced it with an empty canvas.

Michellee subconsciously rubbed her hand over her stomach as she began to outline the face of an infant.

Although Michellee's first two children took after their father's appearances, a part of her is hoping that this third child will gain some resemblance to her.