𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

Part 3 "Remember Those Silent Nights"

It's been nearly a week since the incident, and Guy had yet to wake up. Guy's condition hasn't changed much besides the occasional fever, as a side effect of the medication used to keep him in a coma.

Gluntz, Sam, and Pam would take turns visiting, and while E.B. was away at school, Looka would help watch over Junior.

The young prince honestly didn't foresee staying this long and knew he'd have to make up his lessons with his private tutor as his time in Glurfsberg was just about up.

Michellee, on the other hand, was a complete mess. She was constantly by Guy's side and refused to leave the hospital, not even to go home and take a shower.

Everyone grew concerned as they watched Michellee continue to fall into this disheveled state. So much so that Pam just about had enough.

-

Marching to Guy's hospital room, Pam opened the door to see Michellee sipping on a cup of coffee, dark circles visible under her eyes.

Michellee yawned and greeted Pam. "Good morning Pam."

Pam disregarded Michellee's greeting and simply stood next to her.

The yellow-furred woman didn't say anything for a moment, letting the sound of the heart monitor fill the silence.

Finally, Pam said, "Michellee, this has to stop."

Michellee blinked and held up a hand in protest before letting it fall back on her lap. Because in her heart, she knew Pam was right.

Pam sighed and placed a hand on Michellee's shoulder. "I know this has been difficult but you can't let it take over your life. You've hardly slept or eaten in the last few days and I fear it might be taking a toll on you. E.B. and Junior need their mother right now."

Michellee nodded numbly. "I know, but I'm afraid if I leave he'll..."

Michellee shuddered and recoiled from Pam's touch, unable to finish her sentence.

"Michellee, nothing is going to happen to him. I want you to go home and get some rest. The others and I will keep Guy company for a few hours." Pam said earnestly.

"Others?" Michellee questioned.

"Me, Sam, Gluntz, and the kids."

Michellee's eyes fell slightly but found the strength to stand up from her chair.

Michellee then turned to Pam with a guilty expression on her face.

"I've been a terrible mother lately, haven't I?"

"Michellee, if anyone's been a terrible mother, it's me," Pam said half-jokingly.

Michellee gave Pam a strained smile and after a moment said, "You are the best mother anyone could ask for Pam I-Am."

Pam blushed slightly in embarrassment and waved her off. "Now get going before I have to drag you home myself."

Michellee laughed for the first time in days, and giving Guy one last longing glance, she left the room.

Pam sighed and shook her head, and minutes later, someone knocked at the door.

"Come in!" Pam called out, who had taken a seat in Michellee's chair.

The door opened, and Sam, Gluntz, E.B., and Looka came in with smiles on their faces.

They greeted Pam and got themselves comfortable inside the room.

Pam then noticed that a certain someone wasn't with the group when they came in.

"Where's Junior?" Pam asked.