𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝙸𝚗 𝙰 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎?

Summary:
When they hear his name, people often assume Guy's parents put a lot of thought into picking it. But actually, it's quite the opposite.
-

When they hear his name, people often assume Guy's parents put a lot of thought into picking it. But actually, it's quite the opposite. The Am-I family was buzzing with excitement as they were finally introduced to its newest member.

Karen's third pregnancy had been a breeze as she managed to sit up while holding her newborn son.

Her husband Robert, looked on with pride as his youngest son slept while wrapped in a bundle.

Their other two children, Darry and Ronny, sat at the foot of the bed, looking at the baby in awe.

The couple was surprised however when they saw a grumpy scowl emerge on the baby's face as he slept.

"He looks funny." The four-year-old Ronny pointed out, watching his baby brother scowl.

"He didn't look any different from you when you were born." The nine-year-old Darry joked and Ronny gave him an annoyed look.

"At least my fur doesn't stick out like a sore thumb!" Ronny retorted.

Robert and Karen exchanged glances at each other and realized that their newborn son didn't exactly have any resemblance to them.

His fur was bright orange in contrast to Darry's dark blue and Ronny's wild purple. He did however inherit his mother's ruff neck and some of his father's facial features.

Darry shrugged, "He looks more like grandpa if anything."

"Your right son, he might be taking after grandpa," Robert said, remembering that his father was currently outside in the hospital waiting room.

"Even so, no matter what he looks like we'll always love him," Karen added and her husband smiled at her.

Ronny tilted his head and asked, "Are you sure the doctor didn't get the wrong baby?" Which resulted in Darry bonking him over the head.

"Stop trying to be funny Ronny," Darry chided.

"I wasn't!" Ronny exclaimed, lightly pushing his older brother.

"Settle down boys." Robert hushed, not wanting to wake the newborn.

The two young Knox's stopped their bickering but not before Ronny stuck his tongue out at Darry.

Darry then asks, "Whatcha gonna name him?"

Robert and Karen thought for a moment as they hadn't expected another boy.

The couple peered down at their sleeping son and had a feeling that he wasn't going to be like his two older brothers. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but wanted their new son's name to be unique.

Just then a familiar western tune came on and the family's attention turned to the television in the corner of the room. It was The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok, which happened to be one of Robert and Karen's favorite shows.

Ronny had a sheepish grin on his face as he realized he had accidentally sat on the remote. When Darry moved to turn it off, Bill Hickok came on screen, who was played by Guy Madison.

This gave Karen an idea, a name that was worthy of her son.

With a smile, Karen turned to her husband, "How about Guy?"

"Guy? Like the actor Guy Madison?" Robert clarified, motioning to the TV screen.

Karen nodded. "Yes, I adore his work! It would be a handsome name for our son."

"It would be." Robert mused.

Ronny looked perplexed. "Guy? Is that even a real..."

Darry playfully smacked his brother on the shoulder, making Ronny yelp.

"That's a great name, mom."

The couple turned to look at their youngest son again and saw a smile replacing the scowl.

"I guess Guy approves too," Robert said, stroking his son's head.

Karen was close to tearing up at that point when she said, "Welcome to the world, little guy."