TF2 | Optimus Prime X Human Femme Reader: Optimus' New Pet

Request by; @GlamRockCrash

(Y/N) finds out about two battles that likely changed his attitude. She decides to get him a dog.

(Y/N) noticed Optimus had more anger since the battle with The Fallen. She found video records of the Autobots' battles on Earth. Assuming it's part of the agreement with the humans. What (Y/N) didn't expect was to find footage of Optimus killing a Deception. She swears she heard the von begging for mercy the five times she replayed the clip. Then she watches the battle with The Fallen. She knows The Fallen had to die, but how Optimus killed him was unbelievable to her. (Y/N) is unaware Optimus has been watching her watch the clips.
Optimus tells Ratchet what he caught (Y/N) doing and tells the medic not to tell her anything. Ratchet isn't sure what Optimus means; what else is there to know about Optimus' behavior? Ratchet swears to not talk about it if (Y/N) asks him.

Optimus is surprised to hear (Y/N) ask him if he could become human, would he choose to be a human.
No," Optimus tells her, "I know that would make so many things easier, but we're in the middle of a war. I have to protect Earth, my Autobots, and you."
This gave (Y/N) an idea.

Three weeks pass and (Y/N) walks into the base with a dog. Of course, she had to tell Lennox what she was up to, but no one else knew she'd bring in a dog.
Optimus couldn't believe (Y/N) said the dog was for him. Technically, the dog was both of theirs, but the dog will stay at the base. Lennox agreed to take care of the dog if (Y/N) couldn't come to the base since it would be impossible with Optimus' giant servos. Optimus does manage to pat the dog with a digit.

Within a week, the dog had a name, Orian. Optimus has learned everything about the breed Orion and how to care for a dog. Everyone else couldn't believe how creative Optimus was with ways to play with the dog that was tiny compared to his size. Optimus' attitude had also changed. He was less ruthless and more happy even though there's a war going on.

As (Y/N) walks down the hall, she's suddenly lifted from the hood of her sweatshirt. She realizes Ratchet had picked her up.
"Alright, what drugs Re you giving Optimus?"
"How can I be giving him drugs? Cybertronian stuff is huge compared to humans. I don't think Earth drugs work on you guys, and even if it does, I'd need a lot, and oh boy, would that be expensive."
"How the frag did he change like that?"
"The dog. Figured with how similar Cybertronians are to humans this would work. A dog is considered man's best friend."
Ratchet puts (Y/N) back on the floor, letting the human leave. Happy Optimus is less ruthless and finding happiness with his relationship with (Y/N) and now a dog.