Crosshairs' Prank

Inspired by this art;

by AngelinaTFfan on Deviantart

After learning what April Fool's Day is, Crosshairs had to play a prank on Drift. He figured Sideswipe never told him about this day since Crosshairs and Drift were always in Jamie's dimension around the beginning of April. He knows Sideswipe is planning pranks on everyone around the base.
Crosshairs has one task on his mind. Using his bipedal form, Crosshairs walks down the hall to the Autobots' science lab. He is looking for a simple desk chair and some rockets. He still finds it funny the scientists wanted to build a few Cybertronian-sized desk chairs like the humans have.

Once in the lab, Crosshairs finds a few of these chairs. He didn't know the scientists added leather to the chairs like the humans' desk chairs. He's not sure if he's taking a risk of destroying the chairs with his goal. The metal frame shouldn't melt should the leather end up on fire. He finds the rockets he needs. He found the rockets quickly, which made him concerned about the lack of security for them. Even if he needs them for his prank.

Crosshairs was aware that the process of attaching rockets to the chair and setting up a switch would be time-consuming. He started this project at ten. Getting a message from Drift has him realize the time.
Drift: I'm giving in to Jamie's desire for McDonald's for lunch.
Crosshairs sees a perfect opportunity for the prank.
Crosshairs: I'll get it.
Drift: ok.
Crosshairs smiles, knowing there's an easy way to get the chair to the hangar and he can hide it until he gets back.

After hiding the chair, Crosshairs opts to drive to McDonald's instead of walking. He transforms, activates his holoform, and drives out of the hangar.

Crosshairs knew the trip would take twenty minutes due to it being noon.

Once back in the hangar, he placed the McDonald's bag and drink tray in his subspace that'll keep the food warm and the drinks cold and not tip over.
He deactivates his holoform, transforms, and messages Drift to come to the hangar. He quickly gets the chair.
"Why'd you want me to come here?"
"You think we could bring this chair to Jamie's dimension?"
Crosshairs didn't think Drift would sit on the chair. Making it easier to do what he wants. He wheels the chair out of the hangar.
"Crosshairs, what are you doing?" Drift asks. Crosshairs pushes the chair, jumps on the back of the chair, and activates the rocket, "Crosshairs!"

The chair speeds down the hall. Drift is relieved traffic in the hallway is non-existent. Most are already in the cafeteria.
"Get out of the way!" Drift yells to the few in the hallway.
Those observing the events inform Prowl and Optimus.

Optimus sees what's going on. He stands in the hallway by the wall along with Prowl, Lightning's holoform, and Jamie. 
"Crosshairs! Wall!"
Crosshairs only laughs. Optimus, Prowl, and Lightning didn't think Jamie would laugh seeing her two guardians on a chair with a rocket attached speeding down the hallway.
She stops as the two mechs crash into the wall. The crash damages the rocket and chair.
"Are you two ok?" Lightning asks.
"I think so," Crosshairs replies.
Drift ended up with a nosebleed. Energon oozing out of his nose.
"What the frag was that?!" He yells.
"Crosshairs what you did was reckless," Optimus scolds, leaving out how Jamie was laughing, "overnight in the brig should be punishment enough."
Prowl takes Crosshairs to the brig, while Drift goes to the medbay for his nose. Uncertain if he damaged it that requires repairs. Lightning and Jamie go with him.

While Jamie and Lightning wait for Drift, Prowl's holoform walks into the medbay.
"Here, the lunch Crosshairs got," he says, handing the bag and drink tray to Lightning, "you can tell Drift that Jamie found the rocket chair funny, but we're not sure if we should tell Crosshairs."
"Crosshairs is not like Sideswipe. He won't do this again, regardless of Jamie's laughter."
"I'll let you and Drift decide."
Prowl leaves the room.

Drift walks out of the medbay ten minutes later. His nose did need repairs. He goes to the hangar, transforms and activates his holoform. His holoform nose is undamaged. Which is a relief to Drift that the damage to his bipedal form didn't happen to his holoform. He goes to his room with Lightning and Jamie.

Later that night, Lightning tells Drift Jamie was laughing at the scene and Prowl is leaving it up to them to decide to tell Crosshairs. Believing it's a good idea. Drift agrees, understanding Crosshairs won't make the same mistake, but they all want to hear Jamie laugh instead of seeing her depression.