'I mean it's not. I plan on doing it just--' I could feel my cheeks heat up at the admission. 'We haven't said I love you yet, and we haven't had sex. We just started fooling around you know?'

'Yeah, unfortunately, I do.' I rolled my eyes at him and sighed. 'Well, you're telling him you love him tonight right? So that's one thing. And Christmas is nine days away which is more than enough time to mate and mark.'

'Yeah but like...is it too soon? Does Sloan even want that?'

My insecurities began to bubble up inside me. Things I had never felt before. I had always been confident in myself when it came to sex, but with a man...with Sloan it's different. Not only physically but emotionally. I loved this man with my whole heart and I want to give myself to him. But was he ready to take that next step with me?

'Trust me. He wants that.'

'Proposing on Christmas in front of his family isn't cheesy?'

'No, it's cheesy as fuck. But, it works for you guys. It works for Sloan. He'd love it.'

Fuck...He's right.

And I guess I'm proposing to Sloan on Christmas.

*****

The rest of the ride was silent. Not awkward, just quiet. Whatever Loren and Sloan talked about kept him thinking. And me personally I was thinking of how in the hell I'm going to plan a proposal on Christmas. I'm going to have to call in reinforcements.

Seconds later, Sloan's childhood home came into view. The beautiful log mansion was now decorated with snow. Uncle Tino put the Christmas lights up and it just added to the appeal of the home.

Also, no one knew we were coming. So I knew the moment we walked in all hell would break loose. Though I didn't mind it. Not at all. I was excited to see UK again, and Ezra. Fuck. I missed my best friend like crazy.

"They are going to freak out," Sloan said as he put the car in park in the long driveway. That was filled with a bunch of other cars. Many of them belonged to his family, but a few were strange to me.

"Sloan." I croak out, my voice shaky with nerves which quickly caught his attention. He turned to me concern in his eyes. "I-I--I'm--there's a lot of people here. A lot of talking." I whispered to him, as my reality started to set in.

I know they know about me using signs, and the hope is that possibly they started learning. And if anything I know I could speak to Ambrose easily. But everyone else...I'd just have to watch and hope they could read my mind.

"I'll be right beside you. The whole time. If you need, mindlink me and I can talk for you." He lifted his hand and cupped my cheek, rubbing his thumb across. "You know I've got you, right?"

Say it, Sloan. Say it.

"I--I'll always be here for you." He leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss on my lips and I sighed kissing him back. I tried to push my disappointment down. I had a plan and hopefully tonight I'd hear those words that I have been craving to hear.

"We should get inside before they see us sitting here." Sloan pulled away and walked to the back of the car and pulled out our suitcases. I took a deep breath and exited.

The cold air hit my face and an immediate chill went down my body but in the most comforting way. Sloan had both our suitcases and I followed closely beside him as we neared the front door. I grabbed one of the bags in my free hand when he let go of it and opened the door. Didn't knock or anything. He just waltzed right in, with me beside him.