Fifteen

Carter's POV

It's cold as hell. 

I mean it's only fifty degrees but it's still cold. I had a beanie on and sweats but I was still shaking as we walked to the woods that surrounded the territory. I don't know why I asked to see his tiger, I guess I just let my curiosity get the best of me. But now I was more excited if anything. I was ready to see if these tigers are as big as they say...or bigger. 

And now that the cat out the bag, about how I felt about him growing up I have a feeling Sloan is going to remind me on a daily basis just how big he is. And if that doesn't turn me on I don't know what will. Which is crazy, and weird to say. I never thought I'd say 'turn me on' when it came to Sloan. But here I am.

'I can't believe you sold me out for a date with your mate.' Tatty spoke up and I could hear the annoyance in his voice. 

I practically begged him to give Loren five minutes. But Tatty was resilient in his no. But then I pulled 'If you love me you'd do this for me' and he immediately said yes. It was like taking candy from a baby. 

'It's not a date.' 

'You're doing an activity, and then getting food after. I think this qualifies as a date.' Fuck...he was right.

'I didn't know I was asking him on a date!' 

Now I was nervous for a completely different reason. Did Sloan think this was a date? I look pretty shitty for a date. We are both wearing sweats. But he hadn't mentioned anything about it. Maybe he thought that it was a hangout. Something to do to get out of the house?

'This is Sloan we are talking about.' 

FUCK! He's right again. Sloan probably thinks we are on a date...

"I think this is far enough." He spoke pulling me from my rapid thoughts. I looked at him and his face held a heavy smile. 

He looked more than thrilled to be showing me a part of himself and I was happy to see him so happy. Even though it was freezing out, all he wore were sweatpants and a fitted long-sleeve shirt. One thing I've learned about Sloan is that he is a lot warmer than most wolves. Any time we cuddle it feels like I'm wrapped up in a heated blanket. 

I stood there staring at him, my eyes drifted to his hair. We both needed haircuts, but his curls were finally making an appearance again. He had a curl like Uncle Tino, which is the only resemblance he held towards him. He definitely was his father's son in looks, but Uncle Tinos in personality.

"Are you okay?" My eyes flicked to his and he looked concerned. But I smiled back quickly and gave him a nod.

'Yeah, I was just looking at your hair.' 

"Oh yeah, its a fucking mess." He ran his hand through his hair and all of a sudden I had the urge to do the same. "I need to cut it off."

'You don't like your curls?' I don't know why but as I asked, I got an image of what our kids would look like in the future. They'd have thick and curly hair and have his hazel eyes, but my skin color...

Fuck why did I just go there?

"Nah, I feel like they make me look like a kid." He just shrugged and without warning ripped his shirt off. My eyes went wide with surprise as I stood there and saw his naked chest on display. The tattoos that decorated his arm did something to me. Made me feel like...I don't even know.

I quickly turned around and Sloan let out an amused chuckle as I tried to calm down my racing heart. I was overwhelmed with this hot and heavy feeling called desire. Not just any desire, but desire for him. Sloan fucking Mickaya.