Chapter 20

As the sun begins its descent, casting a tapestry of warm hues across the sky, Bella stirs from her slumber.

The room is bathed in the soft, amber glow of the sunset, and the delicate curtains dance with the gentle evening breeze.

She slowly opened her eyes, with a yawn. Her hands rubbing her sleep from her eyes.

Her gaze drifts across the room with a confusion flicker in her eyes.

"I was in car" She mumbled remembering the moment before she slept.

It must be Vinny, who carried her here.

A sigh left her mouth remembering the incident happened in the school.

Those Girls.

Orphan.

Mannerless.

Bitch.

Motherless child.

Her eyes teared up as their cruel words echoed in her innocent mind.

She immediately wiped her tears and looked at her clock.

She sighed and untangled herself from blankets seeing the clock strike 4:45 pm.

She wore her slippers and move towards her washroom. After completing her business, she came downstairs feeling a bitter silence in her home.

"I am hungry" She mumbled. Rubbing her stomach, she went towards the kitchen.

Her eyes fell on her two younger older brothers.

"Nah ! I am free today, why ?" Riccardo replied.

"Bec-"

"Sally" Their heads snapped towards the source of the voice.

Salvatore's eyes softened seeing her red puffy eyes.

He opened his arms and she immediately ran towards his embrace. He picked her up tightly hugging her to his chest.

Oh ! How much he loves this girl !

She snuggled in his embrace like a kitten.

"You are actually a puppy smuggling in his Momma dog's embrace" Riccardo laughed.

A pair of glares thrown in his direction made him laugh more.

Ignoring him, Salvatore asked Bella softly, "Are you hungry ?"

She nodded her head, closing her eyes.

"Hey Hey, don't sleep or you will not gonna sleep at night." Salvatore said, gently shaking her.

"I am not sleeping just thinking something." She mumbled with still eyes closed.

"Huh then think with open eyes" He said, patting her cheeks.

She opened her eyes and glared at him.

"Sit here and I will make something for you" He said making her sit on the chair, beside Riccardo.

She kept her head down on the table.

"Bella, don't sleep." Salvatore said, going towards the refrigerator.

Riccardo smirked and pulled her hairtie making her high pony tail loose.

"So, tell me, what do you want to eat ?" Salvatore asked, looking in fridge.

She groaned and swatted his hand, "Anything is fine."

Riccardo again ruffled her hair.

She glared at him and smacked his arms.