39

Isabella's POV

"You are going down Waffles." Ezra says as I look over some papers in the USA hockey national team room.

It's been a week since the Stadium Series game at West Point.

I'm in Boston now with the rest of the Team USA world cup squad.

We're relaxing in our team's meeting room before we go out to dinner.

No clue where we're going to eat though.

"You do know Waffles is undefeated in Staring contests." Auston says.

"Just ask Adam." Kendrick says as he looks at our Rangers teammate Adam Fox.

Adam sits in-front of Waffles and I on the bus and it seems like every time we're on the bus Adam and Waffles end up in a staring contest which my doggy always wins.

"She cheats." Adam says.

"She's a dog." Kendrick says.

"That cheats." Adam says.

"You are a grown man saying a dog cheats." I say with a smile.

"Fuck." Ezra says then he blinks.

"Good girl Waffles." I praise as I love on my doggy. "You get an extra special dinner tonight."

Waffles woofs then she lays down next to me as I look at the papers in my hands.

"Hey Isabella?" Matthew Tkachuk asks

"Yes?" I say as I look up from my papers.

"What was that song you were working on up in your room?"

"Uh it was a feature for my friend Xander's next song." I say. "Well I think it's a feature because there's two other dudes with us on the song."

"Is it a good verse?" Ezra asks.

"Have I missed before on a verse?"

"I mean there was that one..." Kendrick says, but I smack him with the papers to stop him talking.

"Keep slander out've your mouth." I say then I look at Matthew Tkachuk. "It'll be out next week."

"Sweet." Matthew says.

"Hey does anybody know who our special speaker is for practice tomorrow?" Alex DeBrincat asks.

"No clue." Dylan Larkin says.

"Where are we going for dinner?" I ask.

"No clue again." Dylan Larkin says.

"Well can we go to a place that has decent portion sizes." I say. "I am a growing woman who needs food."

"Isabella you have been the same height and weight since you were 18." Kendrick says. "You are not growing."

"Well I'm hungry so shush." I say.

"Well then people." Our head coach Brooks Orpik says. "Let's go eat."

- - - - -

"Alright people." Coach Orpik says as we all skate up to him after our morning practice. "We've got a special speaker to talk to you today before we head back to the hotel."

"Wonder who it is." I mumble then I see a prick that I want to fucking

"Oh you gotta be shitting me." Kendrick says as I look at the prick who's walking on the ice.

Captain Caleb Downy, the cunt who ordered my army unit into the valley which led us into an ambush is here to speak to us.

I guess I should say former Captain Caleb Downy since he was dishonorably discharged.

"Fuck this." I say.

"Where are you going?" Someone asks.

"Y'all can listen to this piece of shit." I say as I skate off the ice. "But I'm not."

"You always were insubordinate." Captain Caleb Downy says.

"Oh you dumbass." Kendrick says as I spin around.

"Insubordinate?" I question as I skate over to Caleb Downy.

"This ain't gonna be good." I hear someone say.

"I'M INSUBORDINATE?" I question then I cross check Caleb Downy which sends him to the ice.

"Let her go." I hear Ezra say.

"MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU." I shout. "WE TOLD YOU THAT VALLEY WAS CRAWLING WITH ISIS FIGHTERS AND YOU TOLD US TO STOP LYING AND FOLLOW YOUR GOD DAMN ORDERS."

"Okay maybe not let her go." Ezra says then I feel someone grab my jersey

"Now you can press assault charges on me for checking you and that's fine because I will gladly do prison time for hitting your bitch ass." I say as I look at Caleb Downy. "But right now you are in violation of a restraining order and a no-contact order so I'd think about your next move you piece of fucking shit."

"I'd just fuck off and forget this ever happened if I was you." Adam Fox says as I smack the hand holding my jersey away then I skate towards the bench.

Once at the bench I look at the USA Hockey President.

"I'm gonna enjoy watching you try to handle the pr shit show that's about to happen because of this." I say.

"What PR?" The USA Hockey President asks. "The Media don't know about this."

"You sure about that?" I question as I point behind him then he turns around and sees the media pool sitting in the seats behind the glass.

What a dumbass.

"You really thought it'd be a good idea to have someone speak to us that is a dishonorably discharged cunt who ordered my unit to continue on a patrol that lead to us getting ambushed and 22 of my friends being killed?" I say as I see Caleb Downy walk off the ice. "How delusional can you be?"

Without giving the USA Hockey President a chance to answer, I step off the ice then Waffles and I head back to the locker room.

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker, sit in it, and take off my pads and stuff.

"Waffles I'm gonna need some cuddles later tonight." I say.

"Awooo." Waffles says as she rests her head on my equipment bag.

"But that'll have to be done after the Super Bowl tonight."

"You get to go?" I hear Ezra say causing me to look up and see the other USA players coming into the locker room.

"Me and Kendrick do." I say with a smile.

"We're getting picked up after lunch." Kendrick says. "And we'll be back later tonight."

"Who do you think will win?" Tage Thompson questions with a smirk.

"The eagles." I say with a smile. "Easily the Eagles."