Chapter 14

Morgana's POV

When we got back from visiting my sister, I went to practice and didn't go home after. 

I had the best time with her family for the few hours we were there before we flew home, so I knew exactly what I had to do. It had nagged at the back of my mind since I came home from my little episode in D.C, and today I finally (half) pulled the trigger. 

When I came home, I was thoroughly surprised, making me completely forget about planning for what I had to do. 

I opened the door, and immediately Mal started yelling. 

"No! Stay! Morgana, watch the door! Stay!" 

I froze, not sure what the hell was going on and why Mal was speaking to me as if I was a dog. 

Once I looked down and realized what was happening, my eyes widened. 

"Mal." I said slowly. "What is this?" 

Her cheeks burned red and she squeezed her eyes shut. 

"Happy early birthday?" 

"He's so cute! AWW." I bent down, letting the puppy lick my face. 

"Oh thank god, you're not mad." 

"Maybe slightly...but also not really!" I pet the little puppy. "Is it a girl or boy?" 

"Girl." 

"I've always wanted a dog. My mom always said no!" She wagged her tail, still excited to see me. "I love her already." 

"I figured we could go to the store together so there's two of us to wrangle her. Plus I can't run after if she were to escape." 

"Yeah. Let's go now." 

The dog was obviously a Labrador Retriever so I have no idea where Mal could have gotten her without being prepared. She carried the dog to the car and I drove. 

"Where'd you get her anyway?" I asked. 

"I was out shopping in the city while you were at practice and somebody outside just kinda gave her to me. I don't really know." 

"That's wild." 

"I know. I've wanted a dog for a while anyway. I was gonna ask one day." 

I laughed a little bit, taking my eyes off the road to look at her for a quick second. 

"So what are we naming her?" I asked, focusing on the road again. 

"I was gonna let you do that." 

"Yay!" 

"But I have veto power-" 

"Champ. We're naming her Champ. Screw your veto power." 

"Isn't that a boy's name?" 

"I don't care." 

"I like it anyway. I think it's a great name." 

I smiled. 

We pulled up to the pet store and picked out a collar, leash, bed, bowls, food, toys, everything we could possibly need and more, because my girlfriend is very extra. 

After spending a million dollars, we took the dog back home and set up everything. Then the first thing I thought of was getting her trained. We're gonna have to have our Red Stars teammates watch her while we're on international duty, and we're gonna have to bring her to Colorado in the offseason, so she has to be well behaved. 

Then we let some of the other girls come over to meet Champ. We're leaving for an away game tomorrow, but Mal's staying because she has to stay for physical therapy and now the dog. She scheduled a vet appointment for tomorrow.