Chapter 6

Morgana's POV

When I got to my room, I took a deep breath before walking in. I tucked a few lose pieces of my long, blonde hair behind my ear before unlocking the door and walking in slowly. 

"Hello?" I said, immediately noticing the TV was on. "Alyssa?" 

"Morgana! You're here!" She jumped from her bed and came to give me a hug, which was slightly weird considering we'd only met, like, two, maybe three, other times at camps. Or maybe I'm just awkward. 

"Hi Alyssa." I sighed, throwing my bag on my bed. "Your flight come alright? Did you settle in okay?" 

"Yep. I'm all good." 

"That's good." I sighed heavily, flopping back down on my bed. I laid there for a second before deciding to make sure I had everything all packed up for travel day tomorrow. I knew I wasn't gonna want to wake up and do it before leaving tomorrow. 

I got changed into pajamas and got all ready for bed. I debated on whether to call Mal or not. She might be asleep, but I wanted to say sorry. But I wanted to talk about this in a long conversation. A voicemail could be okay, we could talk in the morning. 

My inner monologue screamed back and forth, debating what was the right choice and what was the wrong one. 

I tossed and turned for a while before I finally snapped. Alyssa was asleep because she hadn't moved in a while, so I went into the bathroom and just cried. I ended up calling my sister, because it felt like the right thing. 

"Morgana, it's late. What do you need?" Chloe yawned. 

"Sorry to wake you up Chlo." I sniffled. 

"Is everything okay? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Her tone immediately changing, becoming urgent. 

"Well I'm back in Texas now." 

"Okay." 

"And when I left home, I left on a really bad note. I don't even know....I don't know. We were fighting, Mal and I." I took a deep breath to gather my thoughts. "And she told me to leave, so I just left. I'm afraid to talk to her. I'm afraid to call, I'm afraid to text." 

"You shouldn't be afraid." Chloe said. "She's not gonna hate you. It was just a fight. It was probably irrelevant, if you don't remember what it was over. Why don't you text her in the morning and then call her at some point in the day? She'll appreciate it. Plus of course you want to know how she's doing. She'll be a day post-op." 

"Yeah. You're right." 

"You know, you have to FaceTime Hayley tomorrow. She misses you." 

"I miss her so much." I sighed. "I can't wait to come home in a few weeks." 

"Well I was planning on surprising you, but Hayley has a few days off school for parent teacher conferences, so we're gonna come to St. Louis for the game Tuesday." 

"Are you serious??" 

"Yep." 

"I can't wait Chlo." 

"Me neither. Hayley doesn't know yet, and she's gonna freak." 

"Yes she is." 

"Alright well, I'm tired Morg. I'll text you tomorrow, alright? Don't forget to call." 

"Got it." 

"Love you." 

"Love you too." 

We hung up, and I was able to fall asleep, excited but less upset than before.