Chapter 13

Morgana's POV

Today is Chloe's last full day in the hospital. Mal is going to visit her family, so I went up alone. 

I started to bother my sister about names again, and she said she'd tell us when she gets home tomorrow. 

"But Chloe, we're leaving not long after you get home." I whined. 

"Doesn't matter, you'll still hear them, right?" 

"Why are you keeping it a secret?" 

She didn't answer me, so I let it be. There was no making her let up. 

That night, Mal came back over for bed since she left all of her stuff here. 

"Can I talk to you about something?" She said, sitting on the bed and watching me as I took off my makeup at my desk. 

"What's up?" 

"You need to spend more time with my family." 

"I think you mean YOU have to spend more time with your family." 

"That's true." She paused. "But you're always off doing something when they come." 

"Your parents spent a lot of time at our house recently. I think they're sick of me." 

"No, they're not. And I'm not just talking about them. I'm talking about my sister too. She sees how close I am to your niece and sister and she wants that with you, you know?" 

I turned to face her. 

"You're right. You're totally, 100% right." I sighed. "I'm gonna do better. I promise." 

"But my parents want you to feel like you're part of the family like I do when I'm with you guys. But you can't feel like that if you don't put out the effort." 

"Alright. I'll do better, love. I promise." I said. 

"And they really love you. They think you're so funny." 

"That's the only thing they love about me?" 

"Morgana." 

"Sorry." 

She laughed, but suddenly her face got all serious. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"They also asked..." 

I waited for her to finish. But when she didn't, I had to ask. 

"What did they ask?" 

"It's stupid and irrelevant right now." She tried to wave it off. 

"Mal." 

"They asked if we ever talked about getting married." Her cheeks were red. 

"And you said..." 

"I said 'kind of.'" 

"Well do you want to talk about it right now?" 

"What?" 

"I don't know. What did they want us to even talk about in relation to it?" 

"I'm not sure." 

"What did they say after you said 'kind of,' because I don't remember ever talking about it." 

"They asked what we talked about." 

"And what did you say?" 

"Why so many questions, Morgana?" She huffed, picking at her nails. 

"Okay, you don't wanna talk about it right now. That's fine." I sighed. "But tell me what you said, then I'll drop it." 

"I said we talked about if we wanted to stay in Chicago or not when we did it. That's it though."