Chapter 2

TV Broadcast 

"As the game resumes, we see Trinity Rodman come on for Mallory Pugh. We also see Morgana LaRue come back in, a bit shocking after the injury. I can't imagine how hard it is for all of these players to take the field after an injury like that." 

The announcers spoke in a hushed tone, also shaken up from the injury. 

"LaRue with space. LaRue with time. Morgana takes the shot. OH MY GOODNESS!" 

The players on the field were going nuts, bringing a few seconds of light to their tough time. 

"Morgana LaRue, what was THAT?" The announcer screamed. 

The replay showed on the screen, she took the space was given and ripped a left footed shot that curved right into the top corner, almost perfectly. 

"Might not be the biggest goal of her career, but it's certainly up there as one of the best." 

"I'd say it's pretty big. Pugh's injury could be devastating. I think we'd all like to believe she did it for Mal." 

----------

Morgana's POV

After scoring the goal, I just wanted the half to be over. We had about 5 minutes to go, in which I hung back, playing a more defensive midfield. I just wanted to make it out of the half unscratched. 

When the final whistle blew, I sprinted back to the locker room, quickly grabbing some of mine and Mal's stuff that we might need, like our phones and wallets. I gave Hatchy, Sanchito, and Trin one last hug before taking off to the hospital, still completely in uniform. I only lost the cleats for a pair of slides.  

I busted into the hospital, running to the front desk and asking to see Mal. The lady looked extremely confused. She looked me up and down before telling me I couldn't go see her yet. 

"No. No. You don't get it." I said, tapping my fingers impatiently on the desk. "She's my teammate. She's my girlfriend. Please. I need to get to her." 

"I can't let you back yet." 

I sighed. 

"But I'm Morgana LaRue! You have to let me in, lady." 

"I don't care who you are. Go sit down." 

I started cursing in French, I threw my arms in the air and unzipped my warmup jacket, ripping it off to show her the jersey. 

"I even have the grass stained socks! Please." 

"I believe you. I told you, I can let you know when she's ready for you." 

I continued to curse under my breath in french as I took out my phone and called Mal's mom, who was probably losing her mind at the fact that Mal didn't call her back. 

Talking to her was comforting, and I could tell I was a comfort to her too. I got into Mal's phone and watched the game on there, making sure I didn't miss anything.

"I'm looking at plane tickets right now. I can get a flight out in the next 5 hours-" She started, but I cut her off. 

"Don't do anything just yet. You never know where we're gonna end up. I'm hoping they transport her back to Chicago so we're closer to home. Hopefully they let me back soon." I sighed. Then I got up and went to the desk again. "Can you let me back now?" 

"You are extremely annoying." She sighed. "I'll call up." 

I nodded and kept talking to Mal's parents. The lady put down the phone and shook her head as she looked at me. 

"Spell out your name for me." She sighed. 

I wrote it on a piece of paper as I told her parents I was headed up. The sticker was printed and I stuck it on to my jersey, then I went to the elevator and onto the floor where she was being taken care of.