Chapter 5

Morgana's POV

I woke up to my alarm in the living room. The room was different from when I had fallen asleep; the shades were closed, I was covered by a blanket, and the TV was off. 

As soon as I came to my senses, reality came back with a crushing force. I had to talk to Mal about going back to camp. I had to go be away from her while she was recovering. I had to play a game without her, my first since before my career started. 

I got up and brushed out my hair with my fingers, opened the shades and walked into the kitchen. There was nobody around, so I headed into the room where Mal was. She was watching TV and looking miserable. 

When she saw me, her eyes lit up and she smiled a half smile. I walked up and climbed onto the bed next to her, pulling her into a hug. She cuddled into me and I sighed, feeling guilty that I could potentially put her in a worse mood. 

I sighed and took in the little moment, because sometimes those are the most important. 

"So Mal, I have to talk to you about something kinda important." I said. 

She moved so she was resting on her hand, facing me sideways. 

"You can go back." She said. "You have to." 

"But I don't want to." 

"You have to." 

"I can't. I have to be here with you." I started to tear up a little bit, and she put her hand on mine. 

"Morgana, my love, I need you to go back to camp." "This is the last game before World Cup selection. You have to go back. There's no two ways about it." 

I nodded. Unable to hold her gaze any longer, I stared at the ceiling, trying so hard to not feel any emotion, not feel anything. at all, because I knew feeling something would just make everything worse. 

Everything in time, Morgana. Everything, in time." 

I looked back at Mal, who's eyes didn't move.

"You staring at me is not making this any easier on me."  I sighed. 

"I can't help it." 

"Cut it Mal." 

"I'm serious." 

"Please." I grumbled. I got up from the bed, frustrated. I started moving around the room, making sure I had everything that I had brought home. 

"Why are you pissed off now?" She asked. 

"It's not you." I said through my teeth as I threw things in the bag, annoyed at something that I just couldn't place.

"Well then what is it?"

"I don't know." I sighed, checking the time on my phone. 

"Morgana just tell me." 

"I can't! I don't know, okay?" I raised my voice.  

"What's your fucking problem right now?" 

"It's time for you to take more medicine." 

"I don't care, Morgana. Just tell me what the hell is wrong."

I texted one of my Red Stars teammates asking if she could come grab me now, as I already had a ride back to the airport lined up. 

"Mal, don't KNOW. Just stop asking." 

"But I deserve to know. You're struggling and-" 

"I'm not the one struggling right know. You need to focus on yourself, care about yourself, because I'm not the one going to miss the World Cup. You need to focus on yourself and your recovery."