Chapter 12

Morgana's POV

The next morning, Mal made breakfast for my dad, Hayley and I. Then we headed to Chloe's house to grab Hayley some clothes and I raided my sister's closet so I could wear something other than the Red Stars training gear we're supposed to wear on travel trips. 

I just took a pair of leggings and a long sleeve shirt while Mal helped Hayley pack up some things to do at the hospital. 

We spent three hours there before Hayley got sick of it, so we told Chloe we would take her out to do something if she wanted. She'd been so good all yesterday and today. 

"Of course you can take her out." Chloe said. "Hayley do you want Aunt Morgana and Aunt Mal to get you out of here?" 

"Yes please." She said as she looked at one of the babies. "I'm hungry." 

"Same." Mal agreed, and everyone laughed. 

We went to Mal's favorite restaurant from high school, and then we went to go play soccer for about an hour, which Hayley loved. Mal watched and took videos. After that, we went to the store to get a present for the twins and went back to the hospital. 

"So, Morgana. Getting pretty close to the World Cup, huh?" Chloe asked once we'd settled back into the hospital. 

"Yeah." I sighed. I felt Mal tense up next to me. "I don't really wanna talk about it." 

"Why not?" 

"I just don't, okay?" 

"Got it." 

"Morg, do you want to take the baby?" My mom asked. I nodded and got up to take her and sat right back down where I was. 

"Do you have any ideas for names yet? Any at all?" I asked. 

"Maybe." Replied Chloe, handing off the other baby to John.

"Care to share?" 

"It's a secret!" 

"Fine." I sighed, looking back down at the tiny baby. 

I want one someday. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but I really do. 

"Look who it is!" Mal said, lifting up her phone and answering a FaceTime. 

"Are you guys at the hospital right now?" Asked Ashley on the other end. 

Everyone said hi to her, and she laughed. 

"Everyone's there." 

"Of course." 

"Ash we miss you!" Chloe said. "You should have come visit!" 

"Well these two did a little surprise trip without telling me." She rolled her eyes, and Hayley came running out of the bathroom. 

"Aunt Ash?" She said, climbing on Mal's lap. "Aunt Ash! Why didn't you come here with Aunt Mal and Aunt Morgana?" 

"I'm sorry kiddo! We were playing on opposite sides of the country! I miss you though!" 

"I miss you too. Maybe next time you can come." 

"Maybe next time." Smiled Ash. "So what's it like to be a big sister?" 

"I don't really know yet. But there's a lot of crying. It's not the same as the baby doll mama got me. That didn't make noise." 

Everyone laughed. 

"Well I know you're going to be the best big sister ever." 

"Second only to me, of course." Said Chloe, making everyone laugh again.