Chapter 8

Morgana's POV

Last night, Ash and Trin came with me to Chloe's and we all made bracelets with Hayley, since that was what she liked to do. She kept making fun of me for my 'fat fingers' after I said it once. I made one for Mal with her favorite colors, and I made one for myself. Mine was pink, black, and light blue, hers was pink, purple and yellow. Hayley made red white and blue ones for Ash, Trin, Hatchy, Sophia, Kelley, Mal and I. Chloe told us she worked on it all night last night when she heard she was coming to see us. It's adorable. 

"Aunt Morgana?" She said. "Can I come on the field with you tomorrow? When the game is done?" 

"Of course Hayls. It would break tradition of you didn't." 

"Yay!" She got up and jumped around. "I'm so excited!" 

We all laughed before Chloe told her to settle down because it was getting late and she they had people in the rooms near them. 

The others got going not long after that, but I wanted to hang for a little while. 

I also tried texting Mal again, but I just got a 'fuck off Morgana' 10 minutes later. That shattered my heart into a million pieces. I wanted to cry, but Hayley was around and I knew I couldn't. It would hurt too much to explain to a 6 year old who loves her so much. I just looked at Chloe, and she knew something was wrong. I sent her a screenshot of the texts and she came to sit next to me, giving me a hug. Hayley was across the room playing with her toys. 

But when she noticed, and ran over to us. she climbed in between us. 

"I can't believe you would snuggle without me!" She said, and my sister and I laughed. 

I pulled myself together and walked back to my room a few minutes later. I played with the bracelets on my wrist, specifically the one I made for Mal.

"You were gone a while." Alyssa said. 

No shit, it's my family. 

"Nice bling, by the way." 

"You like it Thompson?" I sighed. I took it off. "You can have it." 

I tossed the one I made for Mal at her and climbed into bed, ignoring the fact that I had mascara on.

"Thanks." She said. 

I plugged in my phone and turned the other way, adjusting my pillow and settling down. 

"Are you okay, Morgana?" 

A wave of anger went through me. 

"I'm fine. Just tired. Goodnight." 

"You don't seem alright." 

"Again, I'm just tired Thompson. Goodnight." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Goodnight." 

"I'm here for you if you need." 

I cringed. 

"I said goodnight, Thompson." 

"I'm serious, Morgana." 

"Alyssa please." I said, raising my voice and sitting up quickly. "Sorry." I sighed after a few silent seconds. "I'm in a bad place right now. I just need space." 

I turned back and fell right asleep, hardly feeling bad for getting upset. 

----------

The next morning, I was about ready to jump off a cliff. 

In the back of my mind, I knew I wasn't mentally ready to play today, but I knew I had to get there. 

Later that day, I decided it would be best if I talked to Vlatko.