a different side

finally ! 😭 wow, it has been a while and for that i can only apologise! BUT now we have an update that i'm so excited to be sharing with you!
this is pretty much a sick fic and you'll understand the dynamic almost immediately hehehe😇

also! this chapter includes a very crucial character introduction and i'm so excited to be bringing them into this au as they may also be crucial for a character already loved in this series🤭!! hopefully you can take a guess of who that might be in this chapter as it is loosely implied, but be assured that it will become a bigger plot point in future updates 🥰

𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆
|4331|

last night, minho was beginning to think there was something troubling his boyfriend. now, as the ceo stood pacing the reception of his office, an hour after he'd expected jisung to arrive, he knew there was something wrong.

jisung had yet to pick up any of minho's calls, and hadn't responded to any message since the night before when minho had told him he'd arrived back at home and was looking forward to seeing him the next morning.

simply put, the ceo was very worried.

with a frustrated sigh at yet another call going to voicemail, minho turned round and gave a light shrug to his receptionists.

it was then he noticed the newest receptionist, yeseul, was trying her hardest to avoid his gaze.

"seungyeon," the ceo politely addressed the first woman. "would you please take a five minute break?"

noticing her colleague's nervous behaviour, she gave a light nod. "yes, of course, mr lee."

she placed a gentle hand on yeseul's shoulder before smiling at them both and walking away from the desk towards the lift, seemingly on her way to the cafe.

now the two were left alone, yeseul swallowed the lump in her throat and nervously raised her head.

"good m-morning, mr lee."

"yeseul," the ceo began as he walked over and stood opposite her. "...have you heard from princess this morning?"

feeling her cheeks grow hot, yeseul cleared her throat but seemed unwilling to answer the question.

"e-erm..."

"cha yeseul," minho warned as he looked at the young woman in front of him. "this is an extremely important matter and i do not expect to be lied to."

"i'm sorry!" yeseul suddenly cried as she cowered and ran a hand through her long black hair. "princess told me not to tell you a-and i don't know the protocol for that yet!"

taking pity on his newest addition to the team, minho let out a light sigh and leant over the desk as he held a gentle smile.

"if princess tells you he doesn't want something to be repeated, you do not repeat it. however, if you believe that it concerns his health or he's in a dangerous situation, you tell me or his bodyguards."

lifting her eyes, yeseul tried not to show her blush.

"b-by bodyguards you mean chulsoo and um...j-jongil?"

"i do." the ceo nodded, seemingly unaware of her tiny smile at the confirmation. "that is non-negotiable with my staff, and princess is well aware that i respect his wishes but his safety and wellbeing are my top priority."

"i understand, mr lee." yeseul nodded with a small sigh before she continued, "princess is sick...he called the desk and told me to make up a lie because he doesn't like people seeing him when he's sick and he was worried you'd worry over him."