Chapter Twenty-Nine

The ringing echo of the shot reverberated against the walls, promptly followed by the screeching of chairs, and hollers of patrons as they clamored over each other toward the exits in a sea of panic.

Mingi only laughed, watching the chaos quickly ensue around him with a proud grin.

I pushed myself against the flow of patrons, my gaze falling on the now empty bar, void of Wooyoung, but also Seongho.

I stopped dead in my tracks, eyes scanning the lounge for any sign of the tall head of shaggy blonde hair. My gut twisted into knots as I tried to formulate my plan, still unable to truly take on anyone in a fight with my current physical abilities.

I felt powerless.

Three new figures entered the lounge as I tried to duck towards the bar for cover. Seonghwa stepped forward, stopping right behind Mingi with Yunho and Yeosang close on his tail.

I crouched low enough to conceal myself, trying to recount the details of each of their members shared with me by Minho. My focus needed to be pinned on any possible weakness each of them had, I needed whatever upper hand I could manage.

In the distance I could hear a door slam open from the direction of the VIP Room, releasing Chan, Minho, Changbin and all of Big Bang into the main room.

I whipped my head around at the sound of bottles clinking behind me, a brief wave of relief passing over me to see Seongho digging into the shelves for anything possible to be used as a weapon.

Grabbing his wrist, I tried to pull him closer to me and keep my voice low.

"Where the fuck did you go?"

"I had to take care of something."

"What about Wooyoung?"

"I told you, I had to take care of something." Seongho's eyes slowly met mine, a pointed and serious gaze that rarely crossed his face.

"You didn't... did you?"

"Calm down, I didn't kill him." He pulled his wrist from my grip, taking a moment to try and peek over the bar before settling back down beside me. "He's out for the night though, I can tell you that."

"Good, then we need to get out of here." I returned my hand to his wrist, tightening my grip as I crawled to the end of the bar, pulling him behind me.

I peered around the corner, ensuring the coast was clear before rounding the wall into the back hallway toward the employees only section.

"You're crazy if you think you're not going to let me help!" He protested as I struggled to pull him farther, the two of us now fully shielded and hidden away behind the wall. Only now do I see the blood that is running from his nose, his eyes dilated with the adrenaline pumping through his body.

"Can you please just trust me Seongho!? I don't want you to get involved with this side of it!" He stood firm as I tried to shove him further, his feet turned into cement beneath him and strongly rooting him to the ground as shots started to ring out in the distance.

"Ah, there she is." My muscles froze as an unfamiliar voice manifested behind us, hesitating for a moment before turning to see our new guest.

"It's the fucking corn chip." I sneered, turning to fully face the man with the defined physique as I forced myself to stand strong.

"The fuck did you just call me?" San's eyebrows furrowed as he slowly tilted his head, eyes sharply fixed on me.

"You heard me." I spat back, feet planted firmly as I took my stance. While every bone and muscle in my body screamed at me to run, my mouth was operating on its own accord. A verbal wall of defense being built brick by brick without filter.