Start Over

word count: 978

° • .    . • °

Six years.

Six years without him.

Six years without your soulmate.

Six years without your husband.

And now, six years later, he's here.

Standing in front of you.

You throw yourself in his arms and bury your face in his shoulder. Tears roll down your cheeks and onto Bellamy's shoulders. He squeezes you, his own tears hitting your back.

"You're alive," he whispers into your hair.

"I'm alive. I'm okay." You bring his face down for a kiss but he pauses and pulls away. Your eyebrows furrow and you take his face in your hands. "Bell? What's wrong?" He sighs and his chin trembles.

"I thought you were dead so I..." he trails off and closes his eyes. "I moved on with Echo." You drop his hands like they burned you. And you guess in a way they did. He casts his eyes downward as your eyes switch from tears of happiness to anguish.

"You what?" You ask, not believing my ears.

"I thought you were dead, (Y/N). I'm so sorry. If I had known you were alive, I wouldn't have—"

"But you did." He sniffs and you stare at him. In a way you can't blame him but... with Echo? "She threatened to kill me, Bellamy. Do you remember that? She held a sword to my neck, and threatened my life. I have the scar from the slice. And you decided to move on with her?" You shout, becoming hysteric. Clarke rushes over to pull you away before you do something you'll regret.

"Mommy!" You wipe your eyes and quickly plaster on a smile.

"Hey, baby. C'mere." Your daughter runs into your arms and you pick her up, holding her close. You turn back to Bellamy, fire in your eyes.

"Mommy?" He whispers. Gia looks at him shyly and gives a tiny wave before hiding herself in your neck.

"Our daughter," your deadpan. "Not only did you betray me with a traitor, but our daughter." You turn and march back toward yours and Clarke's house. You shut the door sit on your bed, Gia still in your arms.

"Mommy? Who was that?" You debate on not telling her but decide there's no point in lying.

"That's your daddy, baby." Her eyes widen and she smiles.

"The one you tell me about before bed?" She asks excitedly. You nod, smiling softly.

"Yes, that's him." She yawns, her eyes drooping suddenly. You chuckle at her sudden change in energy.

"Can you sing to me?" You nod, laying her down in your bed and cover her up to her chin. You think back to a Disney princess she likes. You've told her stories about them, retelling the movies from before the first apocalypse to give her some piece of a normal childhood.

"Tale as old as time, true as it can be," you start, your voice echoing throughout the home. You run your hand through Gia's black curls as she closes her eyes. "Barely even friends, then somebody bends unexpectedly. Just a little change. Small to say the least, both a little scared, neither one prepared. Beauty and the beast." Unsurprisingly, Gia's breathing deepens signifying she's asleep. You kiss her forehead and stand up, quietly making your way out of the small cabin.

"You taught her about the princesses," Bellamy whispers. You jump, placing your hand over your heart.

"You scared the hell out of me!" He lets out a breathy laugh.

"Sorry. Can we talk?" He asks, biting his lip.

"There's nothing to talk about." You start to walk away but Bellamy grabs your upper arm, stopping you. You whip around to face him, glaring. "Bellamy Blake I swear to God—" he cuts me off, placing his lips on yours. As much as you want to fall into the kiss, you push him away. His face falls. "What did you expect? Me to kiss you back?"

"I broke things off with Echo," he blurts. Your breath catches and you cross your arms to hide your shock.

"This doesn't change anything. You still love her." He shakes his head.

"No. I don't love Echo, (Y/N). I love you. Echo was a coping mechanism."

"So you played her?" He sighs, running his hand through his hair.

"No! Well, maybe. I don't know. All I know is that it's always been you. I married you."

"That was before the end of the fucking world. Before you cheated on me with someone who tried to kill me!" Tears fill his eyes and he steps towards you slowly. You steel yourself, refusing to back away. Once you're toe to toe, he lifts your chin so you meet his eyes.

"(Y/N) Blake, I love you. I've never stopped loving you. Seeing you with Gia, singing to her, only makes me love you more. And I'm so sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry. Please, please forgive me. Give me a chance to make it up to you, baby." You bite my lip, looking at the tears and pain in his eyes. You sigh, averting your eyes.

"Okay. Okay. I'll give you a chance. But this doesn't mean I forgive you and it doesn't mean we go back to the way things were six years ago." Bellamy nods and steps back, taking a deep breath.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N), would you like to go on a date with me?" he asks, a small grin on his face.

Oh, he's starting over over.

You can't help but smile and nod.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'd like that."

° • . ♚ . • °

I still believe

I know as long as I can keep believing

I'll live, I'll live

Love cannot die

You will return

— I Still Believe by Claire Moore & Lea Salonga (Miss Saigon) —