He looked at Scarlett sitting on the couch, her face a mix of terror and confusion, "Do I need to repeat myself?"

"Scar...lett and I were having a movie night. I hadn't expected you to be home so I didn't ask and I'm sorry-"

"Why the fuck did you kiss her, Natalie? I'm not an idiot, so let me ask again, what the fuck is going on here?"

"Dad, I can explain."

He crossed his arms over his chest, "Don't spew any lies to me, girl. I know what I saw. If you're brave enough to behave that way, own it. Answer my question."

"We were just-"

"Are you a homosexual?" He looked at me and Scarlett, "Are you both homos?"

"She- I- Dad." I felt the tears in my eyes. This isn't how I wanted this to go at all and now here we are in my living room getting yelled at by my father. Who I think is intoxicated.

He laughed, "I have a faggot daughter! Great." He looked down at me and shook his head, his face becoming immediately serious, "Do her parents know?" He asked as if she isn't sitting right there. I wish she wasn't sitting right there. This is a nightmare.

"Yes sir, they know." Scarlett spoke up, standing. "I can leave-"

"Great! So not only is my daughter a faggot but Gordan Santoro knows she is!" He put his hands up and backed up, "I will have no fag in my house."

"You don't need to keep using that word, Dad." That's the only thing I could say. My chest was beginning to tighten and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"You don't get to call me that. I don't have a daughter anymore."

My stomach filled with dread and I couldn't hold the tears in anymore, "You can't do this. You can't do this right before state!"

He turned to Scarlett, "You need to leave. You will not step another foot inside this house."

"You're right about that." She stood up and looked at me, "I'm gonna talk to my dad." She looked at mine, "Goodnight Julius." She disrespected him.

He watched her leave then turned back to me, "You are disgusting."

"This will ruin me, Dad. You can not do this to me right now." I waved my hands around as I spoke, the anger and sadness and built up hatred for this man finally boiling over.

"You've already ruined yourself! This isn't what God intended for you!"

"God never said anything about being gay-"

"Leviticus 18:22. 'Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.' You are an abomination. You are no daughter of mine."

"You want to play this game!?" I shook my head and looked at him, "Leciticus 18 talked about incest you idiot. The whole chapter was about incest and beastiality. Historians verified that. Did you forget I went to a catholic school? Did you forget you made us read the bible? Study the bible?"

"I made you do that so you wouldn't turn out this way. Leviticus talks about man on man. Woman on woman!"

"Man on man rape! Woman on woman rape! 18:6 'None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness.'"

"You're saying things you want to believe! You are a fag and that is wrong! I expect you to be gone in the morning!"

"No you wanted to play the bible game let's play the fucking bible game! Leviticus. 18. 17 and 19. 'Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness. Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her lifetime.' That's what 22 means. 'Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.' Don't fuck your family! That's what it means, Dad."

He just stared at me.

"Yeah, I'm using something you forced us to learn against you. Because when I read Leviticus, I realized that no where in the bible said anything about being gay."

"You are wrong-"

"I'm not. Do you want to know some important things the bible does say that you might want to remember? Good. Psalm 127:3 'Children are God's love-gift; they are heaven's generous reward.'" I stared at him.

He stepped forward, "You will not speak of the lord in front of me. You will not recite the bible. You will get the fuck out of my house."

"You're mad now. Because you know I'm right? Because I am fucking right you piece of shit! I'll leave. I'll leave as soon as I get my shit from upstairs."

"Make it quick. I want you gone tonight or I'll drag you out myself."

I stared at him for a moment longer before running up the stairs and leaning against the back of my door.

I'm not even that religious. I remember parts of the bible he made us study harder than the rest. He made us reread it for years. Every night before bed I would read a whole chapter. Once I finished the whole thing, he would make me read it again.

I just never thought I would have to use it against him.

I stood up off my floor and looked around my room.

It makes sense why he made me and Melly study Leviticus and Romans the hardest. He didn't understand what it was.

I can get all of my stuff when he leaves. For now I just need my hockey stuff. My school backpack. All of my pictures off the walls. Some clothes probably. I have enough money from grandma to find a place but obviously not at 10 o'clock at night.

I grabbed my phone off the charger. 6 missed calls from Scarlett. 4 from Syd. 2 from Yoda. 2 from Mo.

I called Scarlett back.

"I already called my dad. You can stay with us as long as you need."

God I could cry even harder right now.

"Where are you?"

"I'm leaving now." I grabbed my bags without hanging up on her, "I- Thank you."

She was quiet for a moment, "I'm so sorry Natalie."

"It was bound to happen. I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Okay. Be safe, love."

"I will." And I hung up.

I've lost my mom. I almost lost one of my best friends. And now I've lost my dad.