⛸️ Hockey Practice ⛸️

Stan: 16
Kyle: 15
(Based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 1145

•                                                                   •

"Love keeps the cold out better than a cloak."
           -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

•                                                                   •

"Kyle!"

Kyle lifted his head to look at his boyfriend who was laughing and skating over to him. Kyle held on tightly to the bar that surrounded the whole ice skating rink as he watched. The glass and railing were there so people wouldn't get hit with pucks during hockey games, but for Kyle it was there so he could stand upright.

"Are you okay? How'd you get so far out here?" Stan asked, Kyle's best friend since they were five years old. And as of more recently, his boyfriend. Apparently the second Kyle turned fifteen he wasn't able to hold in his feelings for the blue eyed boy anymore, which ended with his feelings being reciprocated, and Kyle trying to surprise Stan everyday after his hockey game practice.

I got out here by holding onto the railing, obviously. Kyle thought, but didn't say aloud. If he wanted Stan to help him get outta here, he's gonna need to not be snarky.

Stan stood, his feet not slipping as if he were standing on regular linoleum and not literal ice.

"I'm fine." Kyle said, his left foot slipping. Stan tried to reach a hand out for him, but Kyle had already repositioned his feet to stay still using the railing. "How was practice?" Kyle asked, trying to get both his and Stan's mind off the embarrassing fact that Kyle still doesn't know how to ice skate even though he tries to everyday.

Kyle felt himself losing balance. His right foot slipped this time, and he was left desperately holding onto the railing while he slowly fell towards the cold ice floor.

Kyle's cheeks flushed when he heard Stan laughing. "Here, I'll help you." He said. And before Kyle could reply, Stan was grabbing his hands off the railing and holding them in his own. Kyle's feet slipped three times quickly, and his body fell slightly forward, stopping when he was lightly pressed up against Stan. The black haired boy laughed once more, keeping Kyle close to him.

"Practice was good, Ike is getting way better." Stan mumbled. Kyle looked up at Stan, unable to look away from his boyfriend's face for long periods of time. When they were younger, Stan would coach Ike, Kyle's little brother. But as they got older, Stan got sick of coaching, and he and Ike ended up playing for the same team once Stan rejoined. Stan slowly began to realize that he wasn't the best coach, because the second he stepped down from it, Ike started learning way better moves and skills from his new coach.

"So I've heard." Kyle replied. He looked at his left hand, warm and still being help by Stan's right one. He smiled slightly, moving his fingers around so that each one was interlocked with Stan's. He felt Stan's heart rate quicken through his shirt fabric.

"So, uhh." Stan said, fumbling over his words. Kyle looked back up at him to see him looking away, a blush spread across his face. Kyle would never get enough of how head over heels Stan was for him. "Are you gonna be coming to my game this friday?" He asked, his eyes landing on Kyle's piercing green ones. Kyle heard him gulp.

"Of course I am." Kyle laughed. "I've been going to all your hockey games since we were like eight."

Stan's eyes twinkled while looking at Kyle, his green eyes shut and his right gloved hand muffling his laughs. And even though they were standing on one big arena of ice, Stan felt warm all over. "You got me there." Stan praised, then began moving his feet towards the exit.

"Woah!" Kyle exclaimed, his feet slipping once more when he felt Stan's body slowly move apart from his. He reached his right hand out, and grabbed Stan firmly by the arm.

Stan laughed again, only making Kyle more nervous as they slowly ice skated through the rink. Whenever Kyle's feet slipped, Stan would pause and wait patiently for Kyle to regain his balance.

This happened everyday Stan had practice; Kyle would show up, rent some ice skates, wait until practice ended, then (attempt to) skate around the rink while Stan took off his hockey gear and made his way back to the rink because he always knew Kyle would be there, then he would find Kyle struggling to skate and help him get off the ice. It was like a Stan and Kyle tradition.

"Made any progress on your ice skating?" Stan asked, eyes fixed on the exit. Kyle still had his hand on his arm, but he didn't mind.

"Does it look like it?" Kyle replied, his head down in embarrassment.

"Well, yeah actually. Usually you would have your arms wrapped around me too, but you've only got your hands on me today."

Kyle frowned, blush making its way back to his face, coloring his freckles with a pink hue. Kyle moved his hand to smack Stan on the shoulder, but once he did they both lost balance and their feet began to slip.

Their eyes locked onto one another as they both fell towards the ice, Stan falling forward and Kyle landing backwards.

Once they fell, Kyle shuddered at the feeling of cold along his back. He looked at Stan, who was just barely hovering above him, and Stan looked back. They both began to laugh, the echoes of their voices radiating off the glass walls of the arena. They felt like they were the only two people in the entire world.

Once the laughter died down, they had permanent smiles plastered on their faces. And Stan wasn't able to stop himself when he got the urge to move forward and kiss Kyle's. Kyle kissed back, the warmth of their faces mixed together, creating a warm atmosphere only the two of them would be able to feel on this ice.

They pulled away, their eyes opened and they stared at each other with pure admiration.

-

Once they got off the ice and returned Kyle's skates, they walked hand-in-hand down the cold streets of South Park Colorado.

"Believe me, by tomorrow I'll be able to do a triple spin on one foot on that stupid ice." Kyle said, and Stan had to stifle a laugh.

"I believe you."

_______________________________________

I know it's been a while and I'm sorry so I decided I would write this short little fluff oneshot since I would not stop writing angst before I skedaddled. I don't know when I'll be back, or what I'll return with, it might be a full on fanfic who knows, but I want you all to know that I love you guys!

<3