🌧️ Umbrella ☂️

Fanart by marshlovski on TikTok. (Please go follow them they make absolutely amazing videos.)

Stan: 16
Kyle: 16
(Based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 1644

•                                                                    •

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to just let it rain."
           -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

•                                                                    •

It never rains in South Park.

South Park was known as the snow town. Kyle had never seen it rain there before.

So why was he hiding under a gazebo while rain poured loudly all around him? It hit the ground so hard it made a thumping noise, something Kyle didn't find comforting.

He hadn't prepared for this, he didn't bring an umbrella. Hell, he doesn't even own an umbrella. He thought about covering his head with his backpack to at least attempt to cover himself from the rain.

School had just ended and Kyle was walking home when the rain started. It started with faints drops, making him think it was just the usual hail. But after a minute, he realized he was wrong. He somehow managed to make it to shelter without getting soaked.

Kyle began stressing and walking back and forth. He wondered how on earth he would get home fine when he heard a faint voice call to him through the unbearing noise of pouring rain.

"Stan?" Kyle asked, turning and seeing his super best friend standing beside him. He wasn't expecting to see the black haired boy, he thought he had already gotten home.

"Kyle! Hey, are you okay? It's raining!" Stan said, pointing out the obvious. But something about the way he was out of breath made Kyle worry.

"Oh, uhh..." Kyle stared at Stan, who was bent over and huffing like crazy. "...yeah no, I'm fine. I just wasn't prepared for rain. Are you okay though? Do you need your inhaler?"

"What?" He took a breath. "No, no. I'm fine." But he still couldn't breathe properly.

Kyle crossed his arms and glared at his friend.

"Okay, fine." Stan said, putting his hands up in defense. He reached into his backpack then pulled out his inhaler. He put it to his mouth, taking a breath in.

"One, two, three," Kyle started counting, he was always good at helping Stan with his inhaler. "Okay, exhale." He said.

Stan exhaled, and Kyle patted him on the back. "Better?" Kyle asked. Stan just nodded.

"Now come on," Stan said. He grabbed Kyle's hand, making his heart skip a beat. Kyle's heart always acted up around his friend, but at this point he was used to it. Still, the feeling of Stan's hand on his felt so warm and comforting it made Kyle stop and pause for a moment, it distracted Kyle from what was really happening. He didn't realize that he had left the gazebo until he felt a rain droplet land on the hand that wasn't clutching Stan's.

"Wait," Kyle started, but trailed off when he realized that there was nothing to protest against. He wasn't getting soaked, Stan had brought out a black umbrella and covered them with it.

Kyle felt Stan's hand slip away from his as he switched which hand he was holding the umbrella. He put it closer to Kyle, trying to shield him from the rain. "Sorry, I didn't mean to let you get rained on," Stan apologized.