38: 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 ☁︎

"𝑰 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄 𝒖𝒑. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒎 𝒑𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕. 𝑰𝒎 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆"

✰✰✰

-Minji-

What could be the shortest duration of time a person can get attracted to a person? 2 months? 1 week? 1 month? Not that I was asking for any thing of my own benefit. I mean why should I? It was just mere thoughts running through my mind under cold showers.

It has been 5 days since that stupid kiss incident. I mean since I went to the club with them.

And I made sure to keep my distance from that jackass, not that I was uncomfortable or feeling easily threatened or can't seem to be next to him. Just- just for the sanity of my own mind. And I just needed time alone. It's not like we're best friends or something to be hanging around all the time.

I went on about my day. Pushing away the thought that it's been 5 days since I've properly had a conversation with him. Maybe he was also trying to keep his distance. Whatever. I didn't care.

I stiffened a bit when I saw him coming from the opposite direction. I glued my eyes on the clipboard in my hand, acting as if I was preoccupied with it.

"Hey Minji-" He started and actually thought it'd be a good decision to place his hand on my elbow making me face him.

I raised my eyebrow so high, I think it disappeared. Acting as if he was a complete stranger, and strangers stopping you midway was not something you'd like. Especially men. Note that.

"Shit- gotta run man. Busy day y' know. Everyday busy! You know Mr. Choi. Yup really need to go now"

I slipped away from his hands. I didn't even realize the tension between us was so thick that I had held my breath and my whole body was strained.

"Do you think later-" I didn't let him finish what he was saying before dashing out of there while murmuring about how I shouldn't be late and all. What a stupid lie.

I was acting weird. And he may already made his guess, i didn't care. Omg! Why was I saying that I didn't care all the damn time. Who am I trying to convince? My fiend of a mind of course. Of course it's a fiend that I'm always fascinated by. In the end, of course I both hate it and is fascinated by it.

"Hi Mrs. Hyun...how are you feeling"

"Oh, if bad was a better word than worse" I chuckled.

"How is your back, it's still sore and hurts right?" I examined her back. She had a spine fusion 2 weeks before. After that she was not likely to relive of her back pain for at least 4-6 months.

"Can't move properly child. I really wanna go for a walk"

"It's ok, be patient, that 'bad' will soon progress into 'better' and you can go for a walk every hour"

"If I don't die before that then ok" I laughed lightly. How were these patients taking their death so lightly? Maybe it's because it was better being happy and optimistic rather than all the woe. If it were to be your final hours why would you waste it over useless melancholy?