chapter 6

It has been weeks since Max and Alexander had broken up. The snow was leaving the ground slowly but the sky was still bright and blue. Alexander was called into his boss's office for the first time in years. Dave was standing in front of the windows with a bottle with a weird substance in it. Alex went in and said hi before he got interrupted.
-Alexander Hartwell, Hello, how are you today?
-Good, good I guess. What did you call me for?
-I have that thing here with me. He turned around and showed the bottle. I need you to test this on the experience A2. You just need to put this in the water and it will do their thing. Julia will tell you how to open the glass.
-Oh, oh okay yeah, no problem. Dave walked closer and gave him the small bottle, then Alexander left the room. Arriving in the laboratory where Chad was, Alexander looked at the close bottle thinking if he should or not. Chad's head was looking at him clearly begging him not to use this liquid. Alexander felt bad for him and squeezed the bottle in his pocket. He smiled at Chad and he smiled back at him, he couldn’t see but he felt it. He felt the trust and protection Alex was sending. The scientist, forced to test something on someone he actually liked, turned around and went back to his boss's office. He waited a little so it wouldn't look weird then knocked and went in.
-Hi. Dave? Huh I did what you told me and sadly it didn't do anything to him, I mean the thing. Dave's head stared at him confused.
-Really? It was supposed to work.
-What was it supposed to do? Alex said stressed out.
-That's not important, thank you for doing it Alexander. You can go do your other task now. Alex walked out of the office and literally ran away in the laboratory. Everyone was leaving slowly and again there was just Alexander and Chad together. The night had passed fast and the morning had come, he left and went to his apartment. Arriving there he threw the bottle in the trash, “Did he really think I would give this to Chad? Never”