Chapter 14

Alex POV
We went to my room.

"How fucking could you do this? Your stupid ass touched her stuff. I'm worried about her. How much did you read?"

I replied back to her, "Just two pages."

"Shit," she says in a worried, quiet tone.

"Before we get into all of this, why didn't you tell me about what's going on at home? You always have me to come stay with if it gets out of hand," I said to her.

"I know, but I just... I just was scared," Leah started to cry. I hugged her.

"I'm so sorry. I really am. I didn't know it was that important," I said as I was hugging her and I kissed her forehead.

"It's okay. I'm just worried about her," she says in a whisper as she wipes her tears from her eyes and she looks back at me. I kept hugging her.

Shawn's POV
We walked into my room, and she was mad with tears in her eyes. I just thought she was overreacting.

I was still thinking about her part in the diary.

"Why the hell would you read my stuff like that? That's between me, Leah, and the diary," she yells.

She could barely get her words out. I kept thinking about what Alex read. "I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to. I didn't know it was that important. But why didn't you tell me about what happened in your family? Is that why we went with you to your grandparents?"

She replied with a nod as she kept crying while she wiped away her tears. I sat down on my bed and patted on the bed.

She sat down on my lap, and she put her head into my chest as I wrapped my arms around her.