Day 1: An Interesting Observation

It was a nice winter day in hometown. Kris and Susie are sitting on the dock where Kris' new friend "Hippopotamus" lives. They were sitting and enjoying the view until Susie broke the silence. "So is that sea monster thing gonna pop up again?" Kris shrugged. "This is starting to get boring you can hang out by yourself here, imma go to the Dark World." Kris considered joining Susie but also wanted to relax just a bit longer. Before Kris can make a choice Susie grabbed their arm. "Changed my mind. Cmon your coming with me."

Kris and Susie got to the school and were ready to go into the Dark World. Just when they were about to, someone interrupted. "What are you two doing in school right now? School's over, I didn't think you two liked learning fahahaha." Susie turned back in shock. Kris also turned and pulled Susie's arm off of them. "We were just um.." Susie paused. This scenario happened before but this time Kris was ready for an answer. Speaking quietly they said "I'm just waiting for my mom to finish grading." "Oh." Noelle said, "Wait why is Susie here?" She realized. "Kris begged me to stay with them since they didn't want to be alone." Susie teased playing along. "That's sweet of you Susie." Noelle slightly blushed. "You know Kris, you could always stay at my h-house if your feeling.. l-lonely." Noelle stuttered. "Hell yeah! We'd love that!" Susie said excitedly. She quickly blushed and tried to play it off. "I mean, if Kris wants to then I guess we could swing by." Kris nodded passionately. Noelle blushed more and started to panic a little. "W.. well. I just finished studying so maybe we could.. go now." "Maybe.. another time.. Kris and I want to.." Susie once again didn't know what to say. She wanted to hang out with Noelle but also wanted to go into the Dark World to hang out with her friends. "Kris help me!" she whispered frantically. "I don't want to hang out with her now but I don't want her to think I'm rejecting her offer." Kris wanted to say something but couldn't. Something was preventing them. A feeling they'd never experienced before until then. Noelle made them feel different all of a sudden and they struggled to think of something on the spot. Just then after what felt like years someone spoke up.

"Have a nice weekend Noe-" Alphys then looked past Noelle to see two of her students that she didn't think she'd see. "Kris! Susie!" "W.. what a-are you two doing here." "Waiting for Ms. Toriel." Susie said calmly for the first time in a while. "Al-alright." "Just don't do anything reckless.. Please." Alphys nervously replied. "E-enjoy your weekend you three." Alphys added before leaving slightly sweating. "Guess that's what happens when your known as a bad student. Everyone assumes your up to no good if your at school" Susie thought. The trio picked their conversation back up unwillingly. Each unaware how nervous the other one was. Kris finally remembered something they can say to ease the tension. "I'm getting a new game next week." They muttered. "That party game with the plumbers. We can all go to your house to play. It'll be nice to stay at your home again." That sounds great!" Noelle brightly exclaimed. "I can't wait for it!" Kris smiled, but you could barely be able to tell. "It'll be fun, especially with you playing the game with me." Noelle smiled then started blushing again, however this time it was more tame. "Cool! Bye Kris! Bye Susie! Have a nice day!" Noelle left the school happy, Kris and Susie saw her tail wagging while she was leaving. When Noelle left the school Susie decompressed. "That! Was really hard to get through. Why does talking to Noelle always make me feel nervous and excited?!" She turned to Kris. "Do you feel that way towards her as well!" She screamed hoping she wasn't alone on this. "Not until recently." Kris smoothly masking their emotions. "Her going to the Cyber World was a bad thing. She's hanging out with us a lot more now and wants to get closer with us." Susie blushed. The school suddenly felt crowded even though it was only her and Kris. "She.. does she.. know about our Dark World adventures!" Kris knew what Susie wanted to say, Susie deflected to the Dark Worlds out of panic.

While taking a breather to calm down after talking to Noelle, Kris' phone rang. It was Toriel. They answered the phone. "Hey Kris are you ready to come home? It's starting to get late?" Toriel asked. "I'm still hanging out with Susie. Just a bit longer, please." Susie chuckled quietly. "Alright. It's nice that you've finally started to socialize. Asriel taught you well huh?" She teased. "Bye Kris love you." Toriel hung up the call. "Wait. If your mom called you. That means she was never at the school." Susie figured out. Kris nodded. "Wow your really good with coming up with lies." Susie grinned. "And flirting with Noelle." It looked like Kris wasn't affected by that comment but they were very embarrassed. Hiding their blush they just nodded. They then quickly regretted that. Susie chuckled, "alright! Planning that.. day was fun. It's time to go into the Castle Town, we got some news to tell Ralsei." She said slightly energetic. The closet door opened as the Delta Warriors crouched down before lunging towards it and hopping into the dark.
_____________________________

The End

12/1/23