~Chapter 23 (Vacation)~

It’s been a couple of days and things have been calm so far, I'm currently sitting on a stool in the kitchen while Kai makes breakfast. It’s nice to have things calm down but now I'm bored. “Hey Kai, you know how we were supposed to go on vacation but couldn’t be due to the threats.” He stopped making the egg and turned towards me.

“You want to go on vacation.” he said amusement lacing his tone, I smiled sheepishly while nodding. “Well, where do you want to go” I thought for a second before answering. “I want to go somewhere warm and sunny with maybe a beach nearby.

He nodded and came closer to my chair trapping me between the counter with both his arms, “we could visit one of my beach houses, there's one I think you’d like.” I nodded my head rapidly. He smiled and pecked my lips before returning to cooking.

_________________________

Packing is hard, Kai won’t tell me exactly where we’re going so, I don’t know what I'm supposed to pack, I know it’s a beach but what are the temperatures, how long are we staying, are we going to dinner there, do I need any formal dresses.

I huffed and laid down on the bed. As soon as Kai had told Elisa and Elliot we were going on vacation both of them ran to their rooms to pack, which left me here on my own.

My door opened revealing Kai with a black suitcase, “I’m finished packing, need any help.”

“Yes please.” He went into my closet and started packing up different clothes into the suitcase. Hopefully he has good fashion taste.

____________________

We are driving to the beach house, it wasn’t that far away so we decided to just take Elliots car since it was bigger and could fit all of us. Theo has been living with us, Kai said he can stay as long as he wants but Theo has school so he’s planning on getting an apartment nearby.

It's around midnight and everyone aside from me and Kai are asleep. “You excited” Kai glanced at me awaiting an answer. “Yes, really excited” he smiled and returned his gaze to the road. Outside looked beautiful, since we were somewhat away from the city the stars were visible and the bright white orb was shining brightly.

“The moon looks beautiful tonight” Kai looked out his window towards the moon, “it’s beautiful, but you know what's even more beautiful.” I shrugged my shoulders, he flashed me a smile that nearly had me melting, “you.” I blushed furiously and looked away making Kai chuckle.

I looked behind us to the back seats, Elisa had her head on Elliots, Theo was leaning agianst the window, his head moving every time we went over a bump. They all looked so peaceful. “I sometimes feel like I'm living with a bunch of children.” Kai mumbled.

I punched him playfully, “shut up, you love them.” he smiled, “yeah, I do.”

_______________________________

We got to the house and Kai had to wake everyone up. It was really quiet outside, but you could kind of make out the ocean and trees surrounding the place. Once we got inside Elisa, Elliot, and Theo all headed up to sleep, even though they slept half of the ride here. Me and Kai stayed up because I was slightly hungry and Kai insisted, he would keep me company. So, now I'm sitting down on the couch with a bowl of noodles while Kai is scrolling through the tv trying to find something interesting to watch.

We ended up watching the Shadow and Bone series.

It was getting late and I finished eating, since we were both tired we headed towards our room.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep.

__________________________________________

Kai

I sat up rubbing my eyes, it was morning. Irene was lying next to me sleeping peacefully. The morning sun was peeking through the shades lightly hitting her face. She looks adorable.

Irene mumbled something in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes, “morning.” She said in a soft voice. I smiled and replied by setting a small kiss on her lips. She grinned and turned over cuddling into the pillow next to her.

I got up and went out of our room heading to the kitchen. Even though Elliot is a better cook than me I always ended up cooking breakfast, mainly because Elliot can never wake up early.

I heard a loud scream followed by laughing, what did they do this time. I looked up just as Elisa was running down the hall laughing like a maniac. She ran up to me and hid behind my back still laughing.

There was more running and this time a pissed looking Elliot came into the kitchen, “Elisa, I can see you, you know.” Elisa snickered “no, you can’t.”

I swear I'm living with a bunch of children, with a swift move Elliot came behind me, grabbed Elisa and started tickling her. “Kai! Stop him, this is torture.” she screamed between laughs. ‘Elliot, leave her alone.”

After Elliot finally let her go, they both sat at the small dining table waiting for breakfast.

I heard the sound of small footsteps and looked up, Irene came in with her hair everywhere and still in her pajamas. Someone's not a morning person.

I finished making breakfast and set it all down on the dining table. Everyone immediately started eating. Elliot was still glaring at Elisa for what she did this morning. Apparently, Elisa had put a fake spider on Elliots pillow and woke him up to which he got scared and screamed. Children I tell you.

“Hey guys, after breakfast lets go down to the beach.” Elliot stated, everyone nodded their head in agreement.

____________________
___________________________

Ooh, getting near the end of the story! 🫠