~Chapter 5 (comfort)~

My father was staring at me with fire in his eyes, if looks could kill, I would be dead right now. I started getting up from my seat trying to make my way through the crowds outside. I managed to get outside and started walking down the street. I don’t know where I was going but I couldn’t stay there. I walked a good distance, but I still felt like someone was following me. I looked around but didn’t see anyone.

Then it came to my mind Vincent had given me a phone, I should call one of them to pick me up. I reached for my phone my hand shaking, and dialed Elliots number. After a couple rings someone picked up “what do you want I'm in a very important meeting right now” said Kai’s voice, damn it, I dialed the wrong number, I could barely breath but managed a couple words out, “I... I need h-help.” Before I could say anything else the phone was ripped from my hand and thrown onto the ground.

“You disgrace, where have you been!” my father's voice boomed through my ears. I had tears streaming down my face. I tried to get away, but he gripped my arm, He threw me on the ground and started sending punches in my face and stomach.

I always thought that if I learn how to fight and become strong, I could stand up to my father and brother, but no matter what as soon as I see them, I just lose every ounce of energy.

At this point I had tears blinding my vision, my head was pounding, and every inch of my body hurt. That’s it he’s gonna take me back, and the nightmare I called my everyday life will be my reality again.

I didn't realize he was ripped off of me and on the ground until I heard someone shouting, it was Kai. He was on top of my Father punching him repeatedly in the face. “How dare you hurt her, I swear if I see you near her again, I'll kill you myself!” He looked furious, he looked scary.

My father got up and ran as best as he could even though it was hard, Kai did punch him really violently.

He made his way over to me, and kneeled down in front of me, he brought his hand up to cup my chin, I was hesitant but let him. His hands were rough but warm, he moved closer and brought me to his chest, he cradled me as if I was a baby. “Breath princess, it’s ok I won’t let anyone hurt you.” He whispered sweet nothings in my ear. And I finally calmed down my breathing.

He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso. He went to his car and put me down in the passenger seat, he went to the driver's seat and started the car. As we were driving, he laid his hand on my thigh and held my hand. Soon after I drifted off to sleep, feeling comfortable for once.

Kai

I was sitting at probably my most important meeting yet even though it is boring I have to pay attention, this was one of the few meetings that my dad was present, I was planning on introducing him to Irene after this meeting. I was explaining our plan for the upcoming year until I was interrupted by my phone ringing. My dad sighed in disapproval. I was about to decline but I saw it was Irene. I decided I should probably answer just in case in was an emergency.

“What do you want I'm in a very important meeting right now” Why would she be calling me at this time. “I... I need h-help.” As soon as I heard that I sprung out of my chair and rushed towards the door, ignoring my dad calling my name. Why does she need help, is she hurt, did something happened. A million thoughts were running through my mind, but I got to my car and checked my phone to see where her location was, and surprisingly she was really close to here, wasn’t she supposed to be with Elliot coming back from her mission.

I started driving to her location, I was going way past the speed limit, but I didn’t care. I made it to her location and started looking for her. I turned a corner and what I saw made my blood boil, it was her father punching her over and over.