CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

(Two weeks later)

(Two weeks later)

We were at Daksh's party that he has hosted for his new investors. The project that he has been working on since he took over the company, he pretends to be cool about it, but I know it's his way to prove that he truly deserves the CEO position despite being the president's son.

He asked me to be his date for the evening.

As if I could ever deny anything to him.

But after a few minutes, I told him to go and chat with his investors. He needs to be there with them to mingle and make a good impression. He reluctantly left my side while I made my way to the starters; that's when I heard,

"Hello, Miss Avantika." I spun around to see whose voice it was. The daughter of the COO of KHAN FASHION, MISS AYESHA KHAN was standing there with a wide smile on her face, waiting for my response.

I gave her a crud nod and said, "Miss Ayesha, it's a pleasure to meet you again."

She was with her best friend KAJOL, a famous model who was currently in contract with Khan Fashion. I nodded at her, to which she smiled.

"It's been so long since I saw you." She said.

"Yes, it is."

We all walked to the table to chat. Well, this is the easiest way to acquire gossip about the industry since Miss Khan is known for her big mouth. They had already started talking about everyone's dirt. It's not that she and I are friends; just hi-hello here and there. After all, her father and I collaborated on a project last year. I listened and nodded when needed, but they caught my attention when-

"Do you know who's Daksh Singhania's date of the night?" Miss Khan asked, looking between me and Kajol.

"No, I was late, and when I noticed, he was with his investors." Kajol replied with a pout at the juicy gossip.

"God, that girl would be so lucky; she's going to get laid tonight." Ayesha said, to which they both giggled.

We haven't disclosed our relationship to the media. I still need time. And Daksh was giving me as much time as I needed. Though that's not the only reason why I haven't-

"Yeah, man, look at the fine piece of ass." Kajol pointed to my Daksh while fanning her face.

"True, he has an amazing body. I wish I could have him for a night." Ayesha said while anger boiled in my blood. My hold around the spoon tightened to the point of breaking.

"You wouldn't mind a threesome. Do you?" Kajol asked, and again, they giggled like schoolgirls.

Rage—pure rage—fuels in my body when they continue talking about Daksh.

He's mine. Only mine.

But I take a deep breath. I need to stay calm. I can't risk ruining Daksh's party.