CHAPTER NINETEEN

I fucked up

I fucked up.

I have heard girls from my class in college experiencing earth-scattering kisses. I thought that's impossible, but that's the major problem; it's not; it in fact exists. The way Daksh kissed me on that giant wheel is something I haven't experienced before. The powerful emotion that ran through my body at that time scared the shit out of me.

Surely, I had kissed before a couple of times just for an experiment, but that kiss, I could never forget how that felt. It's like my brain cells vanish on the spot and I'm unavailable to control myself; I practically climbed over him.

God, Ava, who does that.

There's no doubt that I'm physically attracted to him that my body response to his, but just that, there could be nothing possible between us. I never meant to like his touch, his hard body, or his soul-scattering kisses. Now, I'm not sure what I should do. I feel like in just one day, my feelings towards him blurred, and I'm not sure how to define it now.

I couldn't forget how he ran to buy me my favourite flavour of ice-cream. I never thought anyone could do that for me other than my family. The way he took care of my wound yesterday. Those tender gestures were too overwhelming.

I can't do this. I can't do this to him. He's innocent; he doesn't need to brought up to my tarnished life. I have to... no ... I need to...

A loud knock on my door broke my line of thought. I looked at the clock; it's 11 p.m. Maybe Kush would have come with the report on that hitman. I walk up to the door and open it. There he is. Leaning against the door frame, he folds his arms over his chest. He changed his clothes and is now in casual sweatpants and a black shirt, looking at me with his soft brown eyes and a small smirk over his lips.

"Yes?" I asked, even though I knew why he was here this late. I was wanted to clear my head before I could talk to him. Telling him that there's nothing could happen between us.

"Why the hell did you open the door, Ava?" My subconscious mind facepalmed herself.

I wasn't thinking!

"I thought you would like the idea of a walk in the backyard." He said while his smirk bloomed into a big grin.

God, why does he have to look so handsome even at this late hour? That's so unfair.

"Umm... I think I pass." I said and quickly tried to close my doors.

The keyword was tried. He was faster and pulled the door away, held my arm, and started walking towards the backyard.

"You are coming with me" He ordered.

"I... I have some work to do." Why the hell am I stuttering?

"You could use a break."