CHAPTER TWO

PAST

PAST

AVA (19)

Listening to their screams feels so good. When they cry for their sorry lives and beg me to spare them, it is even better. But the best feeling was when I saw the light leaving their eyes, losing the last hope to survive, but at the end, death got them and sent them to hell. Soon, very soon, I'll join them in hell and make their afterlife insufferable to the core.

I sit in a red velvet-covered armchair with my left hand scratching the back of my cat "Lela" and the other one holding my favourite knife casually as if it were a phone. It's the knife that my father got me when I first killed someone, a traitor, when I was 13 years old. My cat purred a pleasant noise as she received my attention. I smiled.

I found Lela in the rain when I was leaving my penthouse; she was dehydrated, hadn't eaten anything for days, and super weak. But still, she was alive, even in the worst condition. She didn't give up the hope of surviving, and I remember when she looked at me. Her eyes were full of trust and longing that someone would save her; that's what got me attached to her. We both survived the worst and found peace in each other.

A pained voice interrupted my thought, and I saw my guards, or more like my second-in-command, Luv and Kush, the twins' brothers, a couple of years older than me, who are the best men in my team, dragging a pile of fat and belly and throwing him in the middle of the room.

Rajesh Khanna is a well-known businessman and man of honor who respects and treats women as equals and runs the charity for them. A true hero in the eyes of the world, little did they know his real face—a psychopath who deals in flesh. He has raped women more than the number of hair strands in your head and is the current head of the human trafficking racket in Delhi.

Bloody flesh dealers

Right now, my men have captured him after his lavish trip to a private island with his whores.

How do I know? Come one. I've watched him for almost a year now. I know all the dirty little secrets.

Waiting for the perfect moment for the strike. Slowly but surely, I take away all that he has built over the years. He was almost bankrupt, and now it's time for him to pay with his life for what he has done.

The man groaned and turned to see who had caught him, and his eyes met mine. I smirk darkly at him, and that piece of shit watches me, or more like my body, with a hint of desire in his eyes, even if in this position he can't help but think through his dick. It's not that I'm not decent; no, I'm dressed in formal black suit pants with my hair tied in a high ponytail and a red lip that screams badass bitch. But I guess not to this idiot, who is still looking down my chin. After what seemed like a minute, he looked into my eyes; there was no recognition, I noticed. With a trembling voice, he asked, "Who are you?".

I rolled my eyes at the same questions that Jay had asked. I laughed bitterly, to which he swallowed hard. I said, "Come on, Babydoll, don't be afraid now."

I said the same exact words that he had said to me then, and I watched with satisfaction as his face turned white and all the blood drained out as he watched me in horror.

I'm his worst nightmare. Finally, he realized.

"No, no, no, you can't be alive; you were dead." He said it in horror.

"Well, I guess I'm not. So, why not we play a game... and this time my favourite one?" I said it in a mocking voice.

I get up from my armchair, and Lela makes an irritated sound. My cat wants my attention all the time, but she has to wait a while until I take care of this. Luv Kush is in front of the door to prevent him from leaving, not that he can until I say so. I walk towards him and crouch as he moves back to create as much space between us as possible, finally stopping when he hits the wall.

"Now, Rajesh, shall we start? I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I will." I said it with a dark smile.

I looked at the twins, and they got what I was asking. They tied Rajesh to the restraints hanging from the ceiling while he was protesting, but there was no match in front of them.

"Now, we can continue." I said, while twisting my knife as they finished tying him. I walked up to him in slow, deliberate steps, listening to his ugly cry and hopeless plea to spare him.

Another monster is going to hell, but there is still one left.

That might take longer, but I will enjoy breaking him into pieces like I'm going to do with this one.

NEWSFLASH

Another brutal murder A body was found in New Delhi. Rajesh Khanna is a 38-year-old man, a well-known businessman, and the current CEO of Khanna Diamonds.

Reporter: "Sir, can you give us the highlights of how the murder has happened?"

Police Officer: "The murderer mercilessly stabbed the victim, cutting off his fingers, and it seems his penis was the last to be removed. We suspect it's the same murderer as in the Jay Khurana Murder Case because the killing method is the same; we can't confirm until we get the postmortem reports."

Reporter: "Should we worry about another serial killer being born?"

Police Officer: "We can't say that; it might be the same one."

Reporter: Why have the police not found the killer of Mr. Jay Khurana's Murder Case?"

Police Officer: "The case has met a dead end since there's no further lead. This killer might not be the same as the previous murder, which was almost a year ago, but we are taking this as a possibility."

Reporter: "People want to know when you are taking action against the serial killer, who right now might be planning for another murder."

Police Officer: "The Police Department is doing its best. I want the people to have patience and cooperate until the investigation is complete. Thank You."

I apologize that I didn't update last Saturday

I apologize that I didn't update last Saturday. The thing is, I had an event and, unfortunately, didn't have my laptop with me.

Anyway, coming back to the story, you have read two chapters so far. So, what do you think? About Ava? Her past? What made her as ruthless as she is now?

Let me know your views in the comments. And don't forget to vote for the chapter.

Hasta la vista!