CHAPTER ELEVEN

The party was classy, beaming with influential people

The party was classy, beaming with influential people. I was never a fan of big gatherings because, firstly, they are super boring and, secondly, they are too fake for my liking. People here are only here for two purposes: either to kiss the asses of powerful businessmen to fall into their good books or to gossip and find a way to stab them in the back.

Fake people with fake smiles over their lips, pretending to admire you, secretly wishing your demise.

Being in the industry for almost five years, I'm used to it. You can't trust these people to be your friends just like that. You never know what they have been planning in their minds.

I was having small talks with some CEOs when my gaze landed on a woman who stepped into the room, her saree flowing around her like a waterfall of silk. Each movement she made caused the saree to sway gracefully, revealing glimpses of her slender figure. My breathing hitched.

Ava.

She was with her father, who was beaming with pride for his daughter. She looks gorgeous in her navy-blue saree. The way she carried herself, the elegance, conveyed a quiet confidence that stirred the power she has. And the fire in her eyes.

I was enchanted.

I looked around and found I wasn't the only one; every head in the party turned towards her as she walked into the room. That's how much power she has. People fall on their knees before her.

"That's Singh, right?"

"She's so hot, man."

"I wish I could have her for a night."

"Dude, I could marry her if she looked like that."

The whispers behind me only fuel my anger, and my grip on my champagne glass tightens. How dare they talk about her like that? I'm not a violent person. I believe in resolving problems through discussion. But right now, all I want to do is punch those idiots in the face.

Fuckers.

I took a deep breath as I walked up to the Singhs to greet them before these fuckers could have a chance. I don't want to make a scene here.

"Namaste Uncle. Hy Ava." I greet Mr. Singh while giving Ava my dazzling smile, which always works.

"Hello Daksh." She said with a tight smile. Well, I guess she's immune to my smile.

"Oh, so you two are first name basic? Huh?" Mr. Singh asked with amusement in his eyes. Though he has his intimidating gaze, it always softens when he's with his family or with dad. It looks like I'll join the club too.

"Dad." She said in a warning tone, narrowing her eyes at him.

Her father laughed while I smirked at her adorable expression, saying, "Okay, you two have a chat. I have to meet some people." With that, he leaves us alone, but not before giving me a warning look. And I know why he did that; he's basically ensuring his daughter's safety, not that she needs, but I appreciate it. I gave him a pleasant nod before he turned.