CHAPTER NINE

I reached the restaurant where Mr

I reached the restaurant where Mr. Singh has booked a private dining room for our monthly meetings. It's one of the places; mostly business meetings have been conducted. They provide a good amount of security and privacy for the customers. My P.A. has gone to ask in the reception which room was booked for Mr. Singh while I stay in their main dining hall.

"Hello, Mr. Singhania." A soft voice called my name behind me, and my body reacted in a way I can't explain. It was cold and kind, which commands attention and respect.

My heart beats faster when I hear the voice.

It can't be.

The only person who can make me feel like this is none other than-

I turned around and found the woman I haven't stopped thinking about since the day I saw her. Avantika Singh; she looks absolutely gorgeous in her navy-blue kurta set. Her hair is tied in a neat ponytail, and a few strands fall on her face. Her P.A. is behind her. She raised an eyebrow as I didn't reply, and that was enough to bring me back to reality. I internally hit my head.

It's not a time to daydream, Daksh.

"Miss Avantika. How nice to see you again." I said in my firm, calm voice, not giving any hint of 'Hy-I-can't-stop-thinking-about-you' expression.

I did good, right? I shouldn't sound desperate.

"Yes, you kind of sound desperate." My subconscious mind commented.

No, I didn't.

"You clearly did."

Come on, Daksh. Now you are arguing with yourself. This girl has an effect on you already, and she didn't say more than a word.

I saw her lips curving up for a second, and before I could confirm, she cleared her throat and said, "Dad needed to visit his doctor, so he sent me for the monthly meetings this time."

Fuck me. That's means we are going to have dinner together.

I nodded at her, asking if Mr. Singh was okay or not, and found out he was good just for a regular checkup. I pretend to listen to her while I am internally dancing at the change of event. I can't believe I'm going to have dinner with her.

Thank you, God. I go to the mandir tomorrow first thing in the morning.

(Mandir= Temple)

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the receptionist increased the volume of the TV. I looked at the news-

NEWSFLASH

Reporter: Another brutal murder this week in Mumbai. The police found a woman's body yesterday. She was recognized as Mrs. Rubina Khan; the wife of a famous businessman, Mr. Abdul Khan, who got married a year ago. Her husband states that he caught her cheating on him and threw her out of his house the night she disappeared. They found the body after a week of disappearance in her apartment, where she used to live before marriage and still owned it.