CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"No

"No... leave her alone. Please... Don't touch her." Mamma said to the black monster with tears in her eyes, looking horrified. While the other monster was tying me with the chair, I was unable to do anything. I have no idea how we ended up here—that this monster is now tying me to the chair while my mother is crying her heart out, pleading and begging, but all in vain.

"This will be sold in millions." The monster looked at me and said while licking his lips. I have no idea what that means. I hate the smell coming from his mouth, which is fanning over my face.

"No... leave, please... Do what you want to do with me, but leave her, please." Mamma cries. I don't know why she's begging while they didn't even listen to her. Everyone listens to my mom, even dad, especially dad, but he was not at home tonight.

I didn't struggle or cry because my dad once told me to never beg anyone for anything but work hard to get it on your own. As soon as these monsters leave, I'll free myself from the ropes and help Mother with hers, and then we'll run from here.

But the black monster started pulling Mom out of the room, and panic settled in me at the thought of not being able to see Mamma. "Don't take her." I said it for the first time since they took us.

"Oh... She speaks. Huh..." The monster clutches Mamma's hand hard and drags her out of the room while she begs them to free us.

"Now, babydoll. Rest until the boss shows up. We will take care of your mother." The other monster says this while checking the ropes again and goes after them, switching off the lights.

Leaving me in this darkness while I can clearly hear Mamma's screams from the other side of the door. I closed my eyes when a tear escaped. I tried pulling my hands together to cup my ears to prevent the screams, but they tied my hands too. I tried hard to lose the ropes, but they only ended up tighter.

And slowly, the screams are starting to fade in the darkness as my brain stops everything around me from fading. My vision blurs as dizziness settles... closing ...

That's when I feel a pair of warm hands shaking me, then a familiar voice saying something. I focus on the voice until it gets clearer and clearer...

"Ava ... wake up ... Ava, are you listening to me? Wake up ...".

"Ava!"

I jerked awake. Eyes wide open, I gasp as a pair of soft brown eyes look at me with a worried expression. You can call it reflex action, but as soon as I registered that a person was this close to me, I kicked him in the stomach and punched him in the face. He stumbled back in surprise at what just happened and let out a groan in pain. And I-

Shit shit shit

I realized I fucked up when the person was none other than Daksh as he rolled with hands in his middle clutching his stomach.