CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The kids are super excited, running off to ride after ride

The kids are super excited, running off to ride after ride. We have been here for almost three hours and have practically gone on at least ten rides so far, but they are still full of energy.

God knows where they got those.

"Ice-cream, Bhaiya" Niara said, pointing to an ice-cream stall while jumping on her feet.

(Bhaiya = Elder Brother)

"Okay okay, Naira, stop jumping; you will hurt your ankle otherwise." I ordered her, and we started walking towards the stall.

The kids start selecting their flavor as I turn to Ava and said, "What do you want?"

"Ahh... no, thank you; I don't want an ice-cream" She said, but her eyes wandered around the flavor chart.

"She loves mint chocolate chips, but they didn't have them." Veer said with a pout while folding his arms to his chest.

"It's okay if you eat your favourite. We'll find some another time." She said to him as she riffled his hair, laughing when he protested.

She finally looked relaxed since we started rides, and now I can't let an ice cream ruin the fun. "I saw that earlier, close to our previous ride. Wait up. I'll just come" I said as I turned to leave.

"Daksh, it's okay. You don't have to go" She said as she saw me moving away.

"Mr. Singhania, I'll go and bring it." Luv offers, to which I shake my head while Vanraj is watching me closely.

"Just a few minutes; wait for me." I said this as I increased my speed.

I finally found the cart and bought two mint chocolate chip ice creams, as it happens to be my favourite flavor too. I smiled at the thought that we have that in common.

I ran back to Ava, who was standing with Luv, chatting. I narrowed my eyes at him. What's his problem?

"Here" I said, passing the cone to her while grinning.

"Thanks" She says as a heart-shopping smile breaks through her face. My breathing hitched. This is the first time I saw her smile—not that fake, calculated one, but a real happy smile—at me, and my chest tightened at the sight.

God, what I have to give to have her smile like that every time she saw me.

Then she noticed my cone and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"It's my favourite too." I said and winked at her.

And for the fourth time, her cheeks heated up and turned a light pink shade. God, I love making her blush. That's why I teased her when I fixed her bandage in the morning.

"Where have those Hellions gone?" I said looking around for them.

"They were restless for more rides. So, I let them go with your guard; I hope that's okay with you." She hesitantly asked.