32| Halloweekend (pt. 1)

Start from the beginning

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked, though I'm sure he already knew why.

I shrugged, smoothing the ends of my hair. "No reason."

"Who wants another shot?" Hannah asked, giving me an easy out of this conversation. It was hard to take her seriously when she had blood dripping down her face.

I had spent an hour helping her apply the zombie makeup to match the tattered zombie dress I picked out for her at the costume shop. It wasn't super original, but she did look hot. And anyway, I figured she would want to be more sexy than funny given her current situation.

Blake, who was dressed as "men in black" to match some of his basketball buddies, couldn't seem to take his eyes off her. Honestly, I was here for it.

"I do!" I agreed, holding out my glass for her.

Blake followed suit, turning his attention to Jax. "You sure you don't want a shot, Mason?"

He nodded, holding up his solo cup. "No thanks, I'll stick to my drink."

I knew there wasn't any alcohol in there, but the others thought he was drinking a rum and coke. Luckily for Jax, Blake just shrugged, and the three of us took another one.

"Let's play a drinking game," Hannah said, moseying over to the futon.

"Okay," Blake agreed, sitting down beside Hannah.

I looked around, noting there wasn't a lot of seating in their dorm before lowering myself to the ground.

"You don't need to sit on the ground, Sky, I can get you a chair," Jax said.

"Yeah," Blake chimed in, "or you can sit here and I can sit on the floor."

I shrugged, "I'm fine down here. It's comfy for me."

"You sure?" Jax asked.

I nodded, looking up at him. Though, from my angle on the floor, his spandex-clad body was showing all sorts of things that were awfully distracting. I swallowed. "Yeah... I'm good."

Jax pulled a chair over anyway, offering it to me one more time before taking the seat himself.

The four of us casually drank, chatting on and off as we played a game of "King's Cup."

We were about halfway through the game when Hannah drew the "Rule Maker" card. Last time there was a rule, Blake had everyone cut out swear words, which had proven to be quite difficult. I couldn't wait to hear what Hannah came up with.

Well, that is until she opened her mouth. "My rule is that Skyler needs to sit on Mason's lap until the rule changes again."

Damn her.

I locked eyes with her, shaking my head at the knowing smirk on her face. She just wiggled her eyebrows in return.

Well, it was either follow the rules or take some shots. I looked to the bottle of vodka, contemplating just taking the penalty, but then I noticed Jaxon's large hand, extended in my direction.

I supposed it would have been weird not to follow through with Hannah's request, since technically Jax and I were supposed to be "dating" now. Or at the very least, flirting.

I grabbed on, letting him pull me to my feet before I turned around, settling gently onto his lap. I wasn't sure where he wanted me, and I didn't want to feel too heavy, so I kept my feet planted firmly on the ground, holding up some of my own weight.

The game continued as Blake drew a card of his own, but I was too distracted now.

Jax chuckled behind me, reaching around my waist to pull me further back onto his lap. "You can relax, you know," he whispered. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, "you're not gonna hurt me."

I leaned into the invitation, throwing an arm around his neck as I moved to sit sideways across his lap, my butt firmly planted on one of his large thighs.

"Better?" I asked, batting my lashes at him.

"Better," he said, leaning forward to draw his own card. I had to hold on tighter to his neck so that I wouldn't go tumbling off his lap.

I liked the feel of his hard muscles and warm body beneath mine, as the spandex material we were wearing did little to hide the warmth of his skin. I tried my best to remain neutral as the game continued, not wanting Jax to know the affect he was having on me.

We played for a while, until I finally popped the tab on the middle can, picking it up and drinking it down as fast as I could. Nobody ever drew another "Rule Maker" card, so I was trying to be courteous by ending the game faster; I was sure Jaxon's legs were probably going numb. Though, he had yet to complain.

"Okay, Sky," Jax said once I was finished drinking. He kept his strong hands on my waist as I finally stood from his lap. "Let's go to the party before you get too drunk to make it there."