hell was the journey but it brought me heaven

This part is mature. :)

The ideal break from the tour wasn't lying on the beach in some exotic setting, sipping tropical drinks in a bikini, though she wouldn't have turned her nose up at the possibility with a special certain someone.

For now, though, there's nowhere else  she'd rather be than in Travis's college sweatshirt and her own plaid pajama bottoms, eating a late breakfast of blueberry pancakes she had made them, with coffee in pretty mugs. The cats are roaming around the living room freely, with the dogs mainly steering clear. Outside, it's cold and blustery, with the promise of snow. They have plans for the day; Travis has the podcast to film, then some errands, so he'll meet her at Patrick and Brittany's for a late lunch. It all feels comfortable and familiar and she's happy, lighter than she's been in awhile. The normalcy is nice, for a change.

She's content to lounge around, her hair pulled up in a messy bun, flipping through the channels, even though she knows for a fact she'll settle on HGTV or The Food Network. In another life, she was an interior designer or a chef in Paris. Travis chuckles everytime he walks by and sees her watching "House Hunters," with her chin in her hands like it's a Shakespeare play.

He laughs, but she reminds him he got more invested in the Hallmark Christmas movie they watched last night than she did.

"That shit was crazy," he shakes his head, "and I still don't get why she didn't pick between the two guys. I hate those "I choose me," endings. It's only cuz they can't decide which way to go with it."

She sips her coffee, her eyes regarding him over the lip of the mug. "It's realistic. Not everyone chooses a man, you know."

"That's not what I'm saying, though. It just seemed like a cop out."

He's playing right into her hands, mildly offended that she thinks he's being misogynistic or something and she can't last two seconds before she bursts into giggles.

"Oh, man," his cheeks go pink, "I'm taking it too seriously, huh."

"Just a little bit. It's really cute, though."

Grinning, Travis bends to where she's stretched out, kissing her lips.

"Mmm," he hums, kissing her again, "you taste like syrup."

She appraises him, noticing he's dressed already, wearing one of the sweatshirts from his new collection. He looks good and he smells even better.

"Are you leaving?"

He sits down next to her, tying his shoelaces. "In a few. You sure you don't want a ride over to Pat's?"

"It's the opposite direction. No, I think I'll just veg here for awhile longer...meet you over there."

"Sounds good." He leans over, puts his hand on her thigh. "Thanks again for breakfast, babe. It was delicious."

"You're welcome. I love cooking for you. You're always so appreciative. I know I'm not Kumar, but..."

"You're prettier than Kumar," Travis kisses her cheek. "No, I really do appreciate it. You're spoiling me."

"You deserve to be spoiled once in awhile. You've been doing everything to make sure I'm comfortable here, so I'm just returning the favor."

He takes a moment, a thought giving him pause and she smiles.

"I'd love to."

Travis blinks. "Excuse me?"

She laughs. "Weren't you going to say if I want to come to the old house while you film, I can?"

The shocked look on his face sends her into another giggling fit.