what if I told you none of it was accidental?

A requested sequel to i see sparks fly, whenever you're around

July, 2023

"A friendship bracelet?"

Keleigh laughed. "Right? It's cute."

"Cute... or the equivalent of a "line." Could go either way," Selena declared. She took a long pull of her Pellegrino, turning her attention to the other tall blonde in the room. "Blake? Care to weigh in?"

All eyes went to Blake, the designated mom of their friend group. Her opinion was held to the highest regard and the three women lean forward in their high backed chairs, eager to hear her take.

She pulled her long hair off of one shoulder, drink in one hand, effortlessly chic. "You want my opinion?" She addressed Taylor and Taylor only.

Taylor nodded. "You know I trust you."

"Okay. You know how you're always saying, "where's the grand gesture?" "Why does no one want to woo anyone anymore?" "Is romance fucking dead?" Do you recall telling us that?"

Taylor stuck her chin out, chagrined. "I may have mentioned it once or twice."

"Sweetie, this is a grand gesture." Blake's eyes went wide for emphasis. "I think you'd be a little crazy not to at least get in contact with the guy, see what he's all about."

"Mama Blake, coming through!" Keleigh fist bumped her. "I know he's not usually your type, Taylor, but that can be a good thing. Miles speaks really highly of him, too."

Taylor glanced at Selena who had been uncharacteristically quiet. "What do you think?"

She took a deep breath. Taylor knew her best friend well enough to know that she was considering her words very carefully.

"I don't want you to get hurt. I saw how devastated you were for awhile and I dunno...maybe you should give yourself a little more time."

"I've had nothing but time," Taylor countered softly. "It's been six months and to be honest, we were over long before that. I've made my peace. I think he has, too. I'm definitely not going to rush into anything, Selena. I just ---I think Blake's right. Maybe I should see where this ends up. Could be nothing."

Tears formed in her eyes as she reached for her friend's hand. "Or you could be meeting the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with. You're right. All of you." Her dark eyes locked with Taylor's lighter ones. "Just promise me, you'll be careful. Careful with this," she taps her pinky to her heart. "Okay?"

"I've learned to. I will...I promise."

Getting to know Travis was slightly disarming because once they got acquainted, she'd had the distinct impression that they'd known each other forever. She was someone who didn't let her guard down easily and certainly not with too many people. It was something she'd learned early on in the industry, her parent's way of protecting her that she had eventually adopted on her own.

But they'd clicked right away, probably from the very phone conversation. They'd called and texted every single day for nearly a month before they finally met in person and by the time they had, she discovered she really liked him. He was funny and self-aware, confident, but not full of himself. He was generous and kind. Personable and very sweet. Fun to be around, protective. He treated her like a queen. It felt good and she embraced it.

Still, for the longest time, she heeded Selena's advice to be especially careful with giving her heart away, only to be hurt, kind of keeping things casual until the day came when that wasn't possible anymore.