i don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you

Attending concerts have to be one of Travis's favorite things in the world. Same energy as sporting events, but chill, too. There's nothing better than being in a sold out stadium with thousands of other people singing and dancing in unison. It's absolutely electric and he loves it, goes to see live music every chance he gets.

Tonight, he's both a huge fan (arguably her biggest, aside from Scott and Andrea) and the proud boyfriend, showing support to his amazing girlfriend. He has a good idea of how epic the concert will be from his attendance before, but he's got the distinct feeling that this will be an entirely different experience.

Taylor had asked three times if he was okay sitting in the tent next to her dad for nearly four hours and at first, he hadn't understood what she was getting at.

"Me and your dad are cool. I have no problem sitting next to him. What do you mean?"

"I don't want you to feel... awkward, I guess, for lack of a better word. During certain numbers. You're a grown up, so, obviously, I'm not worried about you..."

Finally, he caught on. "Oh. Oh, um. No, no, it'll be fine. It's all good."

He must've flushed a little, because she eyed him questioningly. "If you're sure."

"Yeah. No worries. One hundred percent fine." He paused, considering. "Do you ever get embarrassed performing some of those songs knowing he's there?"

She shrugged. "I just block it out, honestly. And he usually leaves during "Vigilante Shit." Wanders backstage or whatever, I don't really know. He's better off. But I don't think he'll be leaving with you around, so..." She patted his shoulder, "good luck, big guy."

He's gotta be honest, he's slightly intimidated. Scott's great, but he knows if the situation were reversed and he was standing in an enclosed space with his future daughter's boyfriend (fairly recent boyfriend on top of it), he'd be staring the guy down, making sure his eyes weren't ogling her.

Not that he'd ever be so disrespectful because that's not how he was raised, but the pressure was on to look neutral, but not too neutral during some of the sexier numbers. He didn't want Taylor to think he didn't appreciate them, but he also didn't want Scott to think he was enjoying them too much, either.

Didn't seem like a winning scenario, so he decides to just roll with the punches. He has the distinct impression his girlfriend finds the whole thing low-key hilarious. He can take the heat, though.

They get to sleep in for a little bit, enjoying a lazy breakfast in bed. Taylor likes to rest up as much as possible before the marathon, so they don't do much, mostly sit around and watch television and talk.

Their conversations are probably his favorite among any he's had. She's smart, of course, but that's secondary to a natural curioisity and she loves to ask questions about the things she may not know as much about, listening thoughtfully to his answers. Both natural born talkers, they're good at it and that's why it was easy, since day one. He'd felt like he had known her forever...they just picked up and took off running and there was never any looking back. He knows it doesn't always happen quite that way, in fact, almost never happens that way and he's aware just of how incredibly lucky they got.

"I wish you could actually see some of the city," she muses as they stretch out on the bed. She's lying at the foot, popping cubes of watermelon into her mouth, her hair in a messy bun, her leg draped over his. "You still could, if you wanted. Don't let me stop you."

Travis shakes his head, opening his mouth to accept the piece of fruit she feeds him. "I don't want to go anywhere without you until I have to. I'm here for you, baby. Nowhere else I'd wanna be."

you're in loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें