you should see the things we do (mature)

A/N: This particular one shot contains smut. If you do not want to read smut, please turn away now. Otherwise, enjoy! 😂

She liked him. He was funny and genuine, nice. A gentleman, the kind of guy who pulls out your chair, opens the car door for you. Raised properly. Respectful. Smart.

Taylor didn't consider herself to be someone who concentrated on physical appearances, although she did believe chemistry was important. Just not the most important thing.

But she was only human, too and not immune to the fact the man was delicious.

A tiny part of her still couldn't believe the "weird, artsy girl" got the football player. Obviously, she had grown into herself and she was relatively content with who that is, most of the time. It gave her a secret little thrill, though; she couldn't lie and say it didn't.

Her friends loved to tease that You Belong With Me has actually come true. She had manifested it, years back, and it's a real living, breathing thing. They all think it's hilarious and she has to kind of agree. It's the type of coincidence that happens to her repeatedly through the course of her life and as many times as similar things have happened, it's still wild.

What was an immediate turn on, what got her attention from the start was that he wasn't shy about pursuing her. He made it known, day one, that he was going to shoot his shot and she thought, alright, let's see what you got. Let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is.

And he'd more than stepped up to the challenge. He wasn't intimidated by the flashing lights because he had some of his own. He wasn't put off by the amount of attention they got when she showed up on game day. Instinctively, the man seemed to know what it was she wanted. Needed. It wasn't just in the bedroom, either (it extended there, too); he got that she liked to hold hands and be taken care of because even though he knew she could fend for herself, it felt nice not to have to all the time.

Going to his games was a rush. Watching him take control of the field, to crush it every time was the best and it was so far removed from her world that she loved it even more. She definitely didn't want to be a distraction or deflect from the actual game, but as long as he wanted her there, she'd be there, cheering him on.

The night after his birthday when she had flown in, they spent a relaxing day, just pizza and beer on the sofa, the dogs at their feet and she was excited to pull out the contents of the care package Erin had sent her, holding the Chiefs windbreaker up to her chest.

"She's so sweet. I kinda owe her one, don't I?"

"Nobody owes her one more than me," he grinned. "Believe me, I've definitely told her so."

Her head was on his chest, his hand rested on her kneecap, the pads of his fingers tracing absentminded figure eights as they watched television.

"If I tell you how sexy I think you look in the team merch, am I an arrogant prick?" He posed the question to her and for some reason, it made her laugh, hard, the sudden outburst startling Chauncey.

"I'm sorry, sweetie pie," she apologized, bending at the waist to pet him. "Didn't mean to scare you."

Travis laughed, too, shaking his head. "He's already in love with you, think you're good."

"Well, I'm glad. Don't worry, Rambo, I love you, too. I have more than enough love for both of you." Taylor scratched him behind the ears, "just don't tell Meredith, okay? She's pretty territorial."

Sitting back up, she lay her chin on his shoulder. "And to answer your question, nope. Just means you have great taste."

"Mmmm," he turned so that his mouth was inches from hers. "I'm okay with being arrogant with this one...I do."